Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's taking effort not to murder my child

Posted by   + Show Post
He just killed the expensive smart tv. :(

He threw a hot wheel at it. And shattered the screen.

And we don't have money for a new one right now. It's the only electronic in the house, aside from my phone.

How does one punish a two year old for such actions? (The title was an attention grabber, I don't use physical punishment against children)
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Btdt. Im sorry. It would figure that it was our fourth child that would be the most destructive of them all.

Shattered the smart tv, fed five discs into the ps3, you name it he has destroyed it.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:14 PM
That's what he's like.

Quoting Anonymous: Btdt. Im sorry. It would figure that it was our fourth child that would be the most destructive of them all.

Shattered the smart tv, fed five discs into the ps3, you name it he has destroyed it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Yeah I was just saying what we dont have crazy expensive stuff at the moment. Sorry about the tv though.

Quoting firespurity: Stickers would have been welcome. My ex bought it a week before leaving me. But it was still really nice. I called the company, pretty much anything else can be repaired, but not the screen. :/

Quoting Anonymous: I just wouldn't but expensive stuff until hes older and understands. (All of our furniture is garage sale and thrift shop at the moment) because I knew they will end up coloring on everything, potty accidents, spilling drinks, jumping on everything, and putting stickers everywhere. No, I dont allow it but sometimes things just happen. When the last one is about 10, we will think about new furniture.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Understood. :/

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah I was just saying what we dont have crazy expensive stuff at the moment. Sorry about the tv though.

Quoting firespurity: Stickers would have been welcome. My ex bought it a week before leaving me. But it was still really nice. I called the company, pretty much anything else can be repaired, but not the screen. :/

Quoting Anonymous: I just wouldn't but expensive stuff until hes older and understands. (All of our furniture is garage sale and thrift shop at the moment) because I knew they will end up coloring on everything, potty accidents, spilling drinks, jumping on everything, and putting stickers everywhere. No, I dont allow it but sometimes things just happen. When the last one is about 10, we will think about new furniture.
LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM
DH used to work a company that fixes those screens. It's fairly simple. Just take it to Best Buy and have it sent in for repair.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Mobile Photo

I called and was told that it's $750 for just the screen. Not the labor. And it might not work. This is the break.

Quoting LovlyRita: DH used to work a company that fixes those screens. It's fairly simple. Just take it to Best Buy and have it sent in for repair.
LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Are you in the LA area by chance? The company is called Momentum Services Corporation. They are whom Best Buy sends their computers, etcetera to. You could try calling and see what it would cost to send it directly to them.

Quoting firespurity:

Mobile Photo

I called and was told that it's $750 for just the screen. Not the labor. And it might not work. This is the break.

Quoting LovlyRita: DH used to work a company that fixes those screens. It's fairly simple. Just take it to Best Buy and have it sent in for repair.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I'm in Oklahoma

Quoting LovlyRita: Are you in the LA area by chance? The company is called Momentum Services Corporation. They are whom Best Buy sends their computers, etcetera to. You could try calling and see what it would cost to send it directly to them.

Quoting firespurity:

Mobile Photo

sj2014
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol....I'd sit him down to watch his favorite cartoon or movie.
ShoeStrings
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Well, I would have immediately swapped that butt for throwing toys, that's a huge no no. My youngest had 5 stitches in his eye because brother threw a toy at him. 

Then of course talk to him about it, let him know how disappointed you are because now no one can watch tv. Remind him of it several times and be sure to exaggerate the point of why there is a "no throwing things in the house" rule. 

Aside from that, IDK. He's 2, there really isn't a whole lot you can do. He should know better than to throw toys, but he couldn't have predicted or understood the true ramifications. And long term punishment probably won't do much good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN