Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best Friend...yea, not so much

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
On Friday my best friend told me that she is finding alternative childcare for her kids (I've been their babysitter for 3 years) and that our friendship is over....this is all because of an issue she strictly had with my mom.
*Back story* :
Last weekend (not this previous one) my best friend was celebrating her bday. My mom and I went. My mom got way too tipsy and apparently offended my friends friends. My mom has gone out with myself, my bff and another girl many times and nobody has ever had problems. I guess this time it was a problem. Somehow I got put in the middle and because my mom didn't respond to my bff the way she liked, all of a sudden my mom is mentally untable and she doesn't want her kids around my mom anymore. Never been an issue before because since my mom and I are so close, she's always been around. She's apart of our summer plans, plain and simple. Since I had plans for my mom to come to our field trip Friday this past weekend and my friend stated she didn't want her kids around my mom, she sent a text Fri morning stating she's finding new childcare and her and I are no longer friends.
Well, I called her and then she basically gave me an ultimatum. Either her or my mom.....weeellll, I will never kick my mom out of my life. I was extremely hurt by my friend and haven't spoken to her since Friday. She deleted my mom, myself and my husband off her friends list on FB. I texted her today and asked if she could find some time to drop off babysitting money that she owed on the 15th. Nothing.
I asked my husband to go over to her house and get it. She gives me drama....but not him. She told him no.
I called her when he got home and she didn't answer then I texted her "I'm trying to work things out." She said "don't call or text again or I'm calling the cops." I said "oh wow....you need help because that's crazy." Lo and behold she proceeds to send a text pic an hour later of the report she filed on me...she then said "if you contact me again, you will be arrested." Uuumm..huh? I just wanted my fucking money! What the hell?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe its been an issue for her for far too long and now she standing her ground?. Take her to court for the money if you need to. Dont expect the friendship to be mended afterwards.
AllieKat
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I tell people aaall the time that's all you gotta say to get people to leave you alone then have basis for a report. Don't text or call her, don't send people over and don't talk about her. You'll have to go to court for your money since she told you to not contact her.
o.O....
by Cara on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Id take her to court for the money just on principle.
SaphiraJFire
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:44 PM
5 moms liked this

Part of this story is missing. What did your mom do or say to her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Not going to tell?

Quoting SaphiraJFire:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:04 AM
On the weekend we went out, my mom wouldn't stop telling the friends they had nice tits. She was pretty obnoxious overall. My bff then sent my mom an email that Monday telling her she was embarrassed by her behavior and scolding my mom pretty harshly. My mom got defensive and told her off. My bff then got mad at me when I didn't take her side. That's when she told me that she no longer wants her kids near my mom. Well....we had plans with my mom for our field trip Friday...

Quoting Anonymous: Not going to tell?

Quoting SaphiraJFire:

SITHONE
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Is there any other way you could get your money? She should go eat a big, hairy chode.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Why didn't you side with her in that situation? I get that she's your mom, but even you acknowledge that she was being obnoxious.

Quoting Anonymous: On the weekend we went out, my mom wouldn't stop telling the friends they had nice tits. She was pretty obnoxious overall. My bff then sent my mom an email that Monday telling her she was embarrassed by her behavior and scolding my mom pretty harshly. My mom got defensive and told her off. My bff then got mad at me when I didn't take her side. That's when she told me that she no longer wants her kids near my mom. Well....we had plans with my mom for our field trip Friday...

Quoting SaphiraJFire:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:16 AM
I did side with her to a certain extent. I supported, understood and respected her feelings about the situation all the way. It wasn't until she wanted me to tell my mom, "get help or stay away," that I no longer took her side. I had a 4 hour convo with my mom that night. (The day my bff sent my mom the email)
Quite honestly, I was more upset over the fact that I was put into the middle and then given an ultimatum by my best friend...over choosing her or my mom. I mean, who does that?!

Quoting Anonymous: Why didn't you side with her in that situation? I get that she's your mom, but even you acknowledge that she was being obnoxious.

Quoting Anonymous: On the weekend we went out, my mom wouldn't stop telling the friends they had nice tits. She was pretty obnoxious overall. My bff then sent my mom an email that Monday telling her she was embarrassed by her behavior and scolding my mom pretty harshly. My mom got defensive and told her off. My bff then got mad at me when I didn't take her side. That's when she told me that she no longer wants her kids near my mom. Well....we had plans with my mom for our field trip Friday...

Quoting SaphiraJFire:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:19 AM
She sent a text telling me that I or anyone affiliated with me is not to call, text or show up at her house or I will be arrested. And it was only $200....I didn't realize this whole thing was going to get so blown up

Quoting SITHONE: Is there any other way you could get your money? She should go eat a big, hairy chode.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)