Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just because you are an adult doesnt mean you dont have a curfew! UPDATE: I kicked him out...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 375 Replies
3 moms liked this

My DS is 19 and is having problems with one of the rules I have for the house. At midnight I lock the house up. If you are coming home you have to be there before midnight. That is when I lock up, lock the chains, set the alarms, and go to bed

Now I do not care if he doesnt come home some nights. If he wants to stay at a friends or his gfs house that is fine but I still lock up the house at midnight

He says I am unreasonable and I should let him come and go and I told him no way. I do not feel safe going to sleep without the security (we were broken into a few years back) and it isnt going to happen 

ETA: even if I left the chain lock off he still wouldnt be able to open the door without setting off the alarm waking us all up. 

ETA2: My DS has a key. He doesnt have the code because we changed it while he was away but he could have that also....however none of that will help the situation. As soon as the door is opened the alarm goes off so even if he had all of that the whole house would be woken up. How is that fair to everyone else? Why should 6 people be disturbed so he can go out and come home whenever he wants? None of my other 4 kids have any issue with the rule and think their brother is being a jerk 

UPDATE: after him coming home in the middle of the night, calling, and banging on the door we kicked him out. He was being super disrespectful to everyone and we were done. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennJenn85
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM
17 moms liked this

your rules or find somewhere else to live end of story imo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM

what time is he coming home? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM

He keeps calling/texting me at 2-4 am saying he is at the door or he will just ring the door bell over and over. 

Quoting Anonymous:

what time is he coming home? 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM
16 moms liked this

tell him to grow the hell up. Your house your rules and the fact that he likes you leaving the house open to be robbed and shit makes him the selfish one.

Throw his ass out meow@

Damn effing teenagers.... *starts mumbling incoherently*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM
4 moms liked this
Bump he's 19 years old what are you going to do give him a curfew at 30 too?
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this
I think you're being completely reasonable. There's nothing wrong with not wanting people coming through your home at all hours of the night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM
7 moms liked this

why in the hell doesn't he have a key,ect. smdh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:38 AM
3 moms liked this

Well he wont be living in my house at 30 but yes

That is what time I close up the house if you are home great if not great but you arent getting in after that

Quoting Anonymous: Bump he's 19 years old what are you going to do give him a curfew at 30 too?

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:38 AM
5 moms liked this
Her house, her rules. He can always move out.

Quoting Anonymous: Bump he's 19 years old what are you going to do give him a curfew at 30 too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Did you read the post at all?

How is a key going to get him through the chain lock?

he has a key in which he uses but when I lock up the house a key wont get him in 

Quoting Anonymous:

why in the hell doesn't he have a key,ect. smdh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN