Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

since estranged family is a topic today...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
What are your reasons?

Heres my sob story. .
my bio father passed when I was very small. I use to see my paternal grandparents on a semi regular basis for several years after that. When I was 16 my grandfather passed away. A few years after that my grandmother found a new boyfriend. My grandmother distanced herself further and further away from me from then on. I kind of think she never gave too much of a rats ass about me. My grandfather was the one who wanted me. Especially after I had kid. I really peiced it all together.

I also have a half brother...dads side yet again. His mom kept him away from my family. He came and found us a year before my grandfather passed away. He stuck around until I was 23. Then he acted like a complete ass. An immature one at that. I still kept trying to reach out some. I keep getting blown off. I think hes pissed that I wont allow him to dictate who I speak to in life.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Bump
catcameback
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

It's too long and complicated to get into.

I don't speak to my mother and father because the are terrible and toxic people.

I have a cousin I don't speak to because she stole 35grand from my grandfather in his last years and I can't look at her without wanting to smash her in the face with my fists. 

I have another cousin I stopped talking to because she is overly crtitical, rude and a know it all.

My family is not close.  We don't speak to each other regularly.  Actually I just added an uncle (my mothers brother) to my fb this week and was looking though all his pictures because I've never seen him before. I have cousins that I don't even know their names.  We are not a close family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Wow. Kind of dysfunctional. But I cant blame you. .

Quoting catcameback:

It's too long and complicated to get into.

I don't speak to my mother and father because the are terrible and toxic people.

I have a cousin I don't speak to because she stole 35grand from my grandfather in his last years and I can't look at her without wanting to smash her in the face with my fists. 

I have another cousin I stopped talking to because she is overly crtitical, rude and a know it all.

My family is not close.  We don't speak to each other regularly.  Actually I just added an uncle (my mothers brother) to my fb this week and was looking though all his pictures because I've never seen him before. I have cousins that I don't even know their names.  We are not a close family.

starryeyez23
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM
My dad won't speak to me because I dated a black man for a grand total of 2 months. "That's disgusting. That's a line blacks and whites don't cross
"
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I am estranged from most of my mother's family because they are white trash. I was embarrassed by their behavior as a child, and I am even more so embarassed to be related to most of them now that I am grown.  And when I say white trash, I do not mean poor and redneckish, but good people. I mean white trash. Not good people. They are the kind that tries to shame people that have risen above their raising. They make gross jokes about sex around children, and use their religion as a weapon. 

I don't speak to my father's side of the family because they new he was a ephebophile, yet did nothing to protect me from him, and chose to help cover his ass yet again when I sought help to get away from him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Sounds like you could be related to some of my in laws. Im sorry :(

Quoting starryeyez23: My dad won't speak to me because I dated a black man for a grand total of 2 months. "That's disgusting. That's a line blacks and whites don't cross
"
StreetsAhead
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother signed me over to my dad as soon as I was born, I have seen her 4 times in my life and said no more that 10 words to her, I know no one in her family, never met them, they never contacted me, I doubt they know I exist
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Yikes, I wouldn't speak to them either.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I am estranged from most of my mother's family because they are white trash. I was embarrassed by their behavior as a child, and I am even more so embarassed to be related to most of them now that I am grown.  And when I say white trash, I do not mean poor and redneckish, but good people. I mean white trash. Not good people. They are the kind that tries to shame people that have risen above their raising. They make gross jokes about sex around children, and use their religion as a weapon. 

I don't speak to my father's side of the family because they new he was a ephebophile, yet did nothing to protect me from him, and chose to help cover his ass yet again when I sought help to get away from him. 

hdavis06
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Our family hasn't spoke to my grandma, aunt and her husband, and their 2 kids (on my dads side) in about 15+ years. Big fight a long time ago. But I heard from another aunt who rarely speaks to them too, that my grandma was asking about us. I wouldn't give her the time of day. She basically told my dad she didn't care if she ever saw me or my brothers again. Well I wonder if she regrets that?!?
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
My father was an alcoholic asshole. He got drunk one night, tried to kill my mom and then shot himself. He didn't die, but the entire situation enraged me and I didn't speak to him for over 5 years.

He stopped drinking, got his life together, reconciled with my mom and is a completely different person now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)