Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe she's doing this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

Backstory: my former best friend and I had a falling out over my fiance and the way she said he was treating me. After he confronted her, she told me that she wasn't going to stick around to watch me become some doormat who exists to be walked all over. That she had seen too many people in her life be that way and she wasn't going to watch it happen to me, too.

Well this was months ago. I saw her in town the other day and called her name. She turned around and then acted like she didn't hear me. I shrugged and went on about my day.

Well I called her yesterday and she hung up. Then I texted her, and this was pretty much our conversation:

Me: Why are you ignoring me?

Her: you know why. 

Me: that was months ago, you need to let it go and accept that I'm getting married to him

Her: I am letting it go. I do accept that. I always have, but I already told you I'm not sticking around for it.

Me: You're being stupid. You're just jaded because of all the shit you've been through.

Her: No. When you have to ask for permission to go to the store, or to talk to your friends, and when he's constantly going through your texts and messages, then it's not me being stupid, it's you being blind. I already told you, when you get the ovaries to leave his ass, I'l be here, but I'm not watching another woman I love become another victim to a loser.

Me: Whatever.

Her: Don't contact me again until that happens.

And that was that. I think she's being unreasonable. My family doesn't like my fiance already, I thought she would at least be supportive if I gave her time to cool off.

ETA: evveryone seems to be on her side, but what no one gets is she's never been able to keep a man because she's so paranoid. One time a guy asked her to stay home from work because of the weather, she told him no, and then they began arguing and she dumped him because in her mind, he was "forcing" her to stay home from her job.

Yes, I always tell him where I'm going. Yes, I let him check my messages. He asks who it is when someone calls my phone before I answer it but it's not like I can't pick up the phone if he doesn't like who's calling. She's always been this way about most men, and it's going to destroy her if she keeps it up.

My family doesn't like him because he's not from town so they don't know him as well as people from here. They say he's controlling too simply because one time I wanted to cut my hair and he said "I wish you wouldn't" so I didn't. And because when he told me I didn't have to work because he could support us, I took his advice and quit my job so I could spend time with my son.

I think everyone is overreacting. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM

bump

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM
24 moms liked this

If your family and best friend think your fiance is a loser.. he probably is.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your friends and family see something you do not. Dump the loser.

brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
If everything she is saying is true then I agree with her.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM
He sounds like a loser.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM
You should listen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Well, is she right? Do you need to get permission to do those things?

Sounds like tough love to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM

So, how does your fiancee really treat you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM

yeah he goes through my messages but because I let him

And I let him know where I'm going so he knows where I'm at in case he needs me

Quoting Anonymous:

So, how does your fiancee really treat you?

twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you need to take a look in the mirror and really evaluate your relationship with your fiancé. If so many people that love and care for you are against him then you need to at least take a second look and make sure this is what you really want. If being with your fiancé is what you want then you need to leave her alone like she asked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)