Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry, but we don't want to grow up...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hubby and I are quite happy the way we are!  We are in our 40's, we've been married for 15 years and still act like newlyweds.  We still smack each other in the ass as we walk by, we still hug and kiss in front of our kids, we'll still roll around in bed and try to pin each other down, on and on.

Why am I saying this?  We were at the beach with the kids and another couple (less than a year together).  Hubby and I were playing in the water with the kids and the couple we were with told us to grow up and that most couples our age don't act like that. 

Maybe couples our age should at like kids!  Most marriages or relationships don't last 15 years anymore.  I'm not saying our life is a storybook but it's a lot of love and fun!

Since when did having fun become childish?  Since when did being a goofball become socially unacceptable?  Since when did loving someone become dirty?

Before you ask, DH and I both have well paying jobs, we own a home and cars and all the good stuff life has too offer.  So I guess not only are we immature, we're socially and economically responsible too!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM

My parents are like that and had their 30th anniversary this week. I think it's awesome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Good for you guys!

DH and I have been married 8 yrs and still act like this. We have 3 DDs (6 and under). We play and laugh, it makes me feel young. We love each other and show it.

Why shouldn't you still act this way? Why do you have to be so serious all the time? If your life is in order and your responsibilities are taken care of, enjoy life!!
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Hubby and I still do things like that or rather we did before the tumor and we are in our 40s. Sounds like the younger couple needs to have those sticks surgically removed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Married 13 years here, and we still act like that.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Im 44 and we are the same damn way!!  

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Sounds great.  Hope to have the same thing one day.

Chibee
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM

my grandparents were like that, right up until the day my grandfather died.  He would pat her on the tush when he walked by, and they had been married for 45+ yrs.   Very sweet  =)

AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Haha, that is awesome. Hubby and I wrestled each other in the living room last night over the last ice cream cone in the freezer. We always kiss and hug and show alot of affection. We always have people tell us to act our age. I am 34 and DH and I will be married 16 years this fall.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:29 PM

My husband and I have been together for 12 years, married 9 of those. We still act like that. Though, we are 27. I see nothing wrong with you acting like that. As long as you know how to 'behave like an adult' when you are supposed to, there is nothing wrong w acting childish when you're out and enjoying life.

phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM

good for you! and its good for your kids to see you guys be in love and have fun

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)