Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SM put highlights in my kids hair

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

Im so very upset but I dont want drama at all.  My daughter is 10 and has been asking for highlights for months now after one of her friends had it done.  I told her that she will wait until she is 14 and in highschool at least. I did offer an alternative that did not involve permanent color or bleach, Its some type of hair chalk that I found at Target.  She never even touched the hair chalk and went over my head, asking her stepmother to do it and she did. Its soooo blonde. Its cute but not really age appropriate in my opinion, plus its bleached so now it needs extra maintence and care to prevent damage. 

I dont want to flip because the stepmom has really been nothing but kind and generous to my kids and very sweet to me.  I dont understand why she didnt just ask me or even her dad (who would have called me).  Im so angry with my daughter and her stepmom but dont want to rock the boat. My ex husband is also upset, but not as much.  The stepmoms daughter has PINK hair so she doesnt really care about kids experimenting with thier looks but I kinda do, so I wish she would have asked me. Coparenting is about making decisions together, not just doing whatever you want with the kids. I have a stepson and couldnt imagine doing that for him with no permission

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimicora
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't flip but i'd at least say something to the dad, and tell your daughter she's not doing it again once it grows out from her roots she has to dye it back or cut it off once its long enough. They went over your head which isn't okay. Tell the father step mom needs to ask next time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Pics
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Its hsir, not a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Seems I've read this post before, but it was from the SM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM

She is definitely getting her hair dyed back brown, I made her and appointment for Saturday morning she can get mad all she wants lol

Quoting Kimicora:

I wouldn't flip but i'd at least say something to the dad, and tell your daughter she's not doing it again once it grows out from her roots she has to dye it back or cut it off once its long enough. They went over your head which isn't okay. Tell the father step mom needs to ask next time.

phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM

id be pissed...my exs girlfriend cut my daughters hair (first haircut) without permission and after i said no to it...i went bat shit crazy...never happened again

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Its the principle. My daughter should know that no means no

Quoting notjstasocermom: Its hsir, not a big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Sit down with step mom and ask her that next time she call you first. Let her know that she (hopefully unknowingly) underminded you with your daughter on the hair issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:38 PM

hahaha Im trying not to go batshit crazy but I feel like it

Quoting phoenix7:

id be pissed...my exs girlfriend cut my daughters hair (first haircut) without permission and after i said no to it...i went bat shit crazy...never happened again

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not just let it grow out naturally?

It's already done.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is definitely getting her hair dyed back brown, I made her and appointment for Saturday morning she can get mad all she wants lol

Quoting Kimicora:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)