Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the craziest request or demand your babysitter has made of you or your kids?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

What is the craziest request or demand your babysitter has made of you or your kids? Did you do it?

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM
"Can my boyfriend spend the night? My mom said no, but I can just have him come over once the baby's in bed."
Um, no. I'm not having a boy sneak into my house to have a mother-prohibited sleepover!
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM
None, we don't utilize baby sitters unless it's a family member.
happynewyorker
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

When my daughter was born, I hired a nanny to care for her. We kept her on for 2 years. I had watched a show when I was pregnant and the person had her child in day care and the child died.  So, I wasn't ready.

When my daughter was 2 she went to day care.  I asked her old nanny if she would want to watch her from 6 to 8 or 9pm.  She said yes, we agreed to a price.

Then she wanted us to provide her with food, since she didn't eat the food we had at home.  She wanted us to give her a taxi home each night and if we didn't provide her with food, she wanted us to pay for her dinner.  her reason was that she was coming from another job.

I reminded her that I didn't tell her to work for us. I asked her if she wanted to.  I told her forget it.  I rather find someone that doesn't have these crazy demands.  I wasn't going to shell out $50 a day for her.  The women at the daycare did it for no extra cost.

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM
We wouldn't hire a sitter that made demands. We are also very specific with our sitters. Our current sitter is truly a blessing to have, she cleans up any messes made, follows our directions to a t, even brings actives to do with ds. Heck 1 time she ordered a pizza and had them make half the pizza without cheese for ds. She said it was on her but we gave her a tip to her normal fee. No way she was going to be paying for food for ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Can I bring my kids?

Umm hell no
Califlipflops
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM

One girl had brought her boyfriend without asking after we left!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM

i actually had to stop working because of her request. I was making about $200 a week, $75 of that went to gas just to get to and from work, then $100 for her (for watching my two kiddos for 2/hours a day 5 days a week, hubs picked them up as soon as he got home). She said she needed a higher pay and said unless i pay her $200/wk should wouldent watch them anymore. I couldent afford regular child care and i didnt see a point in PAYING $75 to work...defeats the purpose ya know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

she better be damn marry popins!

Quoting happynewyorker:

When my daughter was born, I hired a nanny to care for her. We kept her on for 2 years. I had watched a show when I was pregnant and the person had her child in day care and the child died.  So, I wasn't ready.

When my daughter was 2 she went to day care.  I asked her old nanny if she would want to watch her from 6 to 8 or 9pm.  She said yes, we agreed to a price.

Then she wanted us to provide her with food, since she didn't eat the food we had at home.  She wanted us to give her a taxi home each night and if we didn't provide her with food, she wanted us to pay for her dinner.  her reason was that she was coming from another job.

I reminded her that I didn't tell her to work for us. I asked her if she wanted to.  I told her forget it.  I rather find someone that doesn't have these crazy demands.  I wasn't going to shell out $50 a day for her.  The women at the daycare did it for no extra cost.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM

No, and if I was babysitting... I wouldn't make crazy demands, especially if I thought it would interfere with caring for the child(ren).

Then again, I have a SN child so he requires a bit more attention than a neuro-typical child.

Fazed
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:43 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm the Nanny and the only thing I demand is for them to be on time or at least text or call me to let me know they are going to be late. I hate being in the dark about when a paretn will be home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)