Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHMs, what are some of the rudest (untrue) things anyone has ever said to you?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM
  • 222 Replies
2 moms liked this

SAHMs, what are some of the rudest (untrue) things anyone has ever said to you? Do people think you sit around all day and eat bon-bons? Get to sleep in until 9? What comments really bugs you?!

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:34 PM
4 moms liked this
That I do nothing all day and they assume I'm uneducated . Oh well
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think anyone in real life has ever said one unkind thing about our choices. On the internet....that's a different story. The most ignorant statements are the ones saying SAHMs are lazy (I do more at "home" with the kids than the majority of working moms do every day) and that it isn't our money but HIS money (also blatantly false)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
The one that bugs me is we are lazy who do nothing and that we have no say so in What our dh does with his money but it isn't our because we didn't earn it.
both are bullshit m I am far from lazy and it is our money.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:37 PM
4 moms liked this
That I leach off my husband. That I'm lazy if I sleep past 7am. That I have it easy.

I homeschool 9 kids year round. It's not easy.
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I do get to sleep in until 9. But only because ds does too and I have been having a hard time sleeping this pregnancy. But I usually stay up later than everyone else cleaning.

That it isn't our money, even though I put him through school and paid all the bills for a period of time while he was going to school full time and not working while I was in school half time and worked 2 jobs.

That I sit around all day. I work so much harder being home than I did at jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I've only heard rude comments online. Comparing me to a prostitute is pretty out there...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM
I actually had one person on here tell me that I have no rights to complain about how much data dh uses because I am a sahm and it is his money that pays it. Smdh
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM
I sleep til noon. Lol.... But his sleep schedule has been off and he passes out around 4 am.....

That said....
The rudest assumption I guess would be that I don't have access to money and have to ask ifbi can buy anything. I don't, and totally just spent 200 bucks on stuff without his permission. *gasp*. I probably won't even tell him what I bought.
Bajanmama
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM

My mother told me I should get out of the house instead of sitting around all day doing nothing.fortunately I don't hear from her much. My four are all in school but when they come home they have to eat and wear clean clothes and then they make a royal mess for me to clean up next day. She retired but started doing her own thing and never has a minute to herself. I'm not gonna do that to myself ever. In addition to housework I have a garden and a fish pond and other pets, and I make beaded jewelry. I'm doing stuff. Just not swamping myself with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You should have to ask before you buy something.

Really annoyed the crap out of me. Really I need to call and ask my husband if  I can spend 10 dollars at dollar tree on some craft project for our kids for fathers day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)