Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Active Mom's

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

How do you do it all?? 
I am a sahm and in the summer I feel like I get stuck at home cleaning and doing things that need to get done around here. I feel guilty that my girls don't get to spend that much time outside.  I know most ppl just would say well stop doing things around the house and get out and do things with your girls. But really saying it and doing it are two totally different things. 
So my question for you other mom's who are out and active with your children over the summer - how do you do it all?? How do you keep your house clean, teach your little ones, be a fun mom and have dinner on the table all while still making time for your dh/so??? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Time management...I get up earlier than everyone else to do some things, the girls are old enough that they help out as well. They put away their laundry, set the table, help clear the table, empty the dishwasher, help with flipping laundry from washer to dryer if I am doing something else and in a few weeks we will be homeschooling.
We have a membership to the natural history museum here, and we are getting a zoo membership today...we will be using those for homeschooling field trips as well.
Dh works from home so I make 3 meals per day..some days I make sandwiches like pulled pork that we smoke ahead of time, or cuban sandwiches...I use the crockpot as well as the grill too.
Chels3
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby is in bed by 8 that's DH's time with me haha. During the day I go out for a few hours and either clean before or after. And cook dinner around 530pm. DH gets home at 6pm. And then it's his time with DD. I can usually clean in that time frame as well. DH does the dishes so I guess that helps. I take DD swimming 3-4 times a week. To the park, and library and we have a rec. Center water park I take her to at least once a month. She's only one so really I don't worry as much. But you can let the house go for a day once or twice a week. It wont hurt anything. 

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I don't know. I just do it. As a family we work together to keep the house clean. During the summer I tend to do a lot more easier meals(salads, sandwiches, cockpot meals) or we grill.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM

We'd always do fun stuff in the morning, when it was a bit cooler, then in the afternoon, they'd have quiet time and I'd clean, which usually wasn't that bad since we were gone in the morning.  I'd make dinner (which was typically grilled or in the crock pot) and then we'd usually do something as a family after hubby got home from work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I think that is my problem I don't get up early enough; I get up around 6-6:30 to get DH's lunch made and get him out the door; then since dd is still in our bed I go back until she wakes up; if its getting later - I get up with my oldest make sure she is moving and getting ready for school.  Get myself ready and then by then dd2 is up get her up feed her something I eat something, get dd2 ready, get dd1's lunch together, and do her hair if need be. Then at 9 I leave to bring dd1 to school, get home and dd2 wants something else to eat so I feed her and try to get her occupied so I can work out, shower and accomplish something but I feel like I always get caught up in doing so many other things. I leave at 3:15-3:25 to drive to dd's school to pick her up- and get back home before 4. Dh gets home around 4:30-5 so I start dinner as close to 4 as I can. 

Quoting mcginnisc: Time management...I get up earlier than everyone else to do some things, the girls are old enough that they help out as well. They put away their laundry, set the table, help clear the table, empty the dishwasher, help with flipping laundry from washer to dryer if I am doing something else and in a few weeks we will be homeschooling. We have a membership to the natural history museum here, and we are getting a zoo membership today...we will be using those for homeschooling field trips as well. Dh works from home so I make 3 meals per day..some days I make sandwiches like pulled pork that we smoke ahead of time, or cuban sandwiches...I use the crockpot as well as the grill too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I think that is what part of my problem is. I need toclean when I get home. I get so stressed when the house looks messy; and  I feel like dh cares that he isn't coming home to a clean house. but in reality I don't even think he realizes lol

Dh gets home around 4:30-5. which is tricky during the school year bc that means starting dinner around 4; which is when we get home from picking dd1 up.  
I should do more crockpot things this summer.....hmm,m 

Quoting Chels3:

Baby is in bed by 8 that's DH's time with me haha. During the day I go out for a few hours and either clean before or after. And cook dinner around 530pm. DH gets home at 6pm. And then it's his time with DD. I can usually clean in that time frame as well. DH does the dishes so I guess that helps. I take DD swimming 3-4 times a week. To the park, and library and we have a rec. Center water park I take her to at least once a month. She's only one so really I don't worry as much. But you can let the house go for a day once or twice a week. It wont hurt anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I need to start doing more on the weekends; I think it would help. But it is just so frustrating with my SS being here...sometimes it just isn't worth the fight

Quoting Raeann11:

I don't know. I just do it. As a family we work together to keep the house clean. During the summer I tend to do a lot more easier meals(salads, sandwiches, cockpot meals) or we grill.

mary716
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Ive been doing it for almost 11 years, it's all second nature to me now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this

i have realized reading these 4 replies that I need to crockpot more....less time cooking but stilla good meal for everyone

Quoting lwalker270:

We'd always do fun stuff in the morning, when it was a bit cooler, then in the afternoon, they'd have quiet time and I'd clean, which usually wasn't that bad since we were gone in the morning.  I'd make dinner (which was typically grilled or in the crock pot) and then we'd usually do something as a family after hubby got home from work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

you are able to gtet your house work done work out (if you do) and get to do fun things with the kids during the summer?  how old is your oldest?

Quoting mary716: Ive been doing it for almost 11 years, it's all second nature to me now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)