Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Days like today I am extremely thankful for Islam.....

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 638 Replies
7 moms liked this

Yes, it is over 80 degrees out.  Yes, I'm covered head to toe.....but, I'm comfortable. I'm not sweating. I'm not even hot at all because the breeze feels nice.  And, I have control over what people are looking at on me.  

I'm not pulling down my too short of a skirt every 2 seconds to make sure it's not uncovering the little bit that I left to the imagination.  Or wearing shorts so short that they might as well be underwear. I'm not wearing shirts so thin that everyone can see absolutely everything that is under it.  I'm not wearing tank tops or halter tops that with bending over the wrong way all my breasts are popping out.  They dress like this yet still can't escape the heat and feel comfortable. Thank God for Islam. 

These were the thoughts running through my head as I got a stare down at the school yard today while picking up my kids. I mean the lady literally stopped and repeatedly looked me up and down. I had on sunglasses so she didn't think I saw her. When I turned my face in her direction to look back at her she looked away quickly like a kid getting caught stealing a cookie from a cookie jar....

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM
6 moms liked this

She prob just thought since it is so hot out that you might be hot under that. Most people don't have the courage to ask questions to find out the truth.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:37 PM
18 moms liked this

Islam doesn't have a monopoly on comfortable and modest attire, although I expect my definition of modesty is more lenient than yours. It's definitely more covered than what I typically see at the mall, though ;)

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM
11 moms liked this
Whatever.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I've gotten used to the looks over the years.  There are the looks of curiousity, which I don't mind. I look different and its ok.  Then there are the looks of disgust and ignorance...like this woman was giving me today.  

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

She prob just thought since it is so hot out that you might be hot under that. Most people don't have the courage to ask questions to find out the truth.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

It's so hot here, I've got the ac cranked up!  I did see a couple of ladies in full attire at the park last night.  I did wonder if they were too hot in those, but I'd never stare.   Side note....what is the outfit called?  I know there is a name, but it's not coming to me and I probably sound ignorant, but I'm genuinely curious....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:40 PM
10 moms liked this
I'm very comfortable despite mid-90's temps and no Islam...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM
17 moms liked this

just cause its warm out doesnt mean EVERY woman is half dressed in short shorts and tank tops and sheer shirts......maxi dresses are very nice...not showing off every inch of your skin....wait maybe your arms are seen...oh noooooooooooooooooo ......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM
13 moms liked this
Non-Muslim, modest but comfortable, dresser here.
mandy18192
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Its in the 90's here today, which is on the low side for us we are using 100+ by now. I stay covered and comfortable and I don't have to cover my entire body to do so...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN