Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am never buying cheapo Payless shoes again...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
Or any other cheaply made shoes for that matter. I've been searching various websites for shoes that are good quality to find some that I like, that fit me ( wide feet) and are on sale in my price range ( no more than 40 bucks). I needed a pair of dress shoes and I finally found a pair on sale on flag day. They were originally 90 bucks but marked down to 30. I snagged them.

They came in the mail today and I love them!!! They are so comfortable I can walk all day in them. They are also real leather which I haven't had in years. I forgot what a good shoe felt like!

How do you feel about shoes? Do you just buy what's cheap and locally available or do you hunt for good ones?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybear91
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM
I've never had a bad shoe from Payless. I love there Sandals and flip flops.
Dreagon_Magos
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Online shoe shopper here! Put a pic of what you got!
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I only wear running shoes from Columbia and my sandals are either Teva's or Keen's.  If I have to wear a dress up shoe I don't care where they are from as I rarely need to get dressed up.

rebeccarae
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I shop at a few local stores. Good quality, supporting the local businesses. Prices are good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
I'm hard on shoes and they fall apart regardless of how much they cost. So I just do cheap. Either way I'm going to have to replace them in a few months.
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
I spend money on good shoes. I don't buy off brands, so I buy Nike, UGG, Sketchers (those are the cheapest I'll go) Ariat etc. They're worth the investment in my opinion.
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
I'm not a shoe person.

I have tennis shoes, a pair of ballet flats, snow boots and 2 pairs of flip flops. I won't buy anything until next year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM
I have a tiny but wide foot, to match my wide ass, I get most of my shoes from Avenue.
Kimicora
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM

My shoes have to be at least $60 because if they arent they are uncomfy to me, i wear skater shoes all the time, because they fit my feet better. Cheapest i've paid is $30, they had a good sale, snagged my DH a pair too. I only own like 4 pairs of shoes.

dfournier0922
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM
I mainly wear tennis shoes so when I do buy shoes it's new balance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN