Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms get in here! I NEED YOU

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM
  • 28 Replies
Ok so I logged my food into the Lose It app and I'm 300 calories under. Now, when I used myfitnesspal, it told me being under even by 100 coyld inhibit me from losing weight.

My questions are: do these apps give you a personalized caloric allowance?

Is it better to be under or right at your calorie allowance?

Were you successful when you used these apps?

And random, how often should I weigh myself?

Thanks in advance!
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Oh and how long did it take you to get to your goal weight?
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM

If you don't eat enough calories, you will put your body in starvation mode and you will just hold onto fat

Weigh yourself once a week

Try to be right at the allowance with healthy choices (low carb, high protien)

And I use mine to keep me in check. It works :) Good Luck. 

mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I should probably go eat something then lol. And you def don't need to lose weight, you looked great last time I saw you lol

Quoting TommyAbby:

If you don't eat enough calories, you will put your body in starvation mode and you will just hold onto fat

Weigh yourself once a week

Try to be right at the allowance with healthy choices (low carb, high protien)

And I use mine to keep me in check. It works :) Good Luck. 

mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Bump!
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
I've had success with My Fitness Pal, but always get pregnant before I reach my goal.
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Omg lol yeah none of that! I want to reach my goal and never have to start over. My issue: I lack motivation, big time!

Quoting kdjdod081013: I've had success with My Fitness Pal, but always get pregnant before I reach my goal.
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Bump
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I do too. My only saving grace is I like healthy food, and my kids have WAY more energy than I do. By the time I wear them out I've burned a ton of calories.

Quoting mary716: Omg lol yeah none of that! I want to reach my goal and never have to start over. My issue: I lack motivation, big time!

Quoting kdjdod081013: I've had success with My Fitness Pal, but always get pregnant before I reach my goal.
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Starvation mode is a myth. As long as you are using more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight.
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:16 PM
My kids are older and more independent, playing with mom is so uncool right now lol

Quoting kdjdod081013: I do too. My only saving grace is I like healthy food, and my kids have WAY more energy than I do. By the time I wear them out I've burned a ton of calories.

Quoting mary716: Omg lol yeah none of that! I want to reach my goal and never have to start over. My issue: I lack motivation, big time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)