Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my last pregnancy post for today I swear!!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
Figuring out a due date is proving to be complicated. When I see the Dr I need to say when my last period was. The only one I have had since having my 6 month old was April 26th -may 1st.

When May 26 came and I didn't get a period I started testing. I took 4 or 5 tests and today I took one as the last test before chalking it up to a breastfeeding thing. And it was positive. I got the clear blue predictor thing and it says I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant but when I go to a due date calculator it wants to know the date of my last period. So what do I do?

I'm confused!
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Have your doctor figure it. Just let them know about being unsure. :) I have irregular periods. So I've had to get dated with ultra sound.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

You put in the date of your last period. Sometimes it takes a while for the hormones to show up on a pregnancy test. 

My DS was only 3 months old when I got pg with my DD! We planned it though. 

Did you plan them so close together?

mamabyrd86
by ✮Heather✮ on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM
My doctor has to schedule a sonogram to be able to tell how far I am. My last period was back in January, I'm irregular so it's hard for me to tell. Got a negative test on May 17th and 3 positives on June 5th and 6th lol
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I'd just tell them that your cycle isn't regular. They can do an ultrasound to measure the baby to predict a due date.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM
They will make me come in and do a pee test and probably blood work tomorrow. Then it will be a month before they will see me again and do a sono. I don't wanna wait that long!

Quoting firespurity: Have your doctor figure it. Just let them know about being unsure. :) I have irregular periods. So I've had to get dated with ultra sound.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

ask for an ultrasound dating... I went by my last period and was a week off due to first cycle in 27 months pp , apparently my obgyn says it can throw ovulation off by two weeks lmao

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM
The test today said 4-5 weeks.
But going by my last period I would be 7 weeks.

This is confusing as f...

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

You put in the date of your last period. Sometimes it takes a while for the hormones to show up on a pregnancy test. 

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell them you don't know. They'll do an ultrasound to get a date. They had to do that with this pregnancy.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Only an ultrasound can tell you for sure how far along you are. 

Quoting BraydensMama163: The test today said 4-5 weeks. But going by my last period I would be 7 weeks. This is confusing as f...
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN