Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE 2: Can't I just send them home??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

UPDATE 2:  It's 1:20 am and the older boy is now in the bathroom throwing up:/  This sleepover is just a wonderful failure.  Mom is on the way to pick him up.

UPDATE :  So we lasted til 12am lol.  The 10 yr old flipped out after his brother beat him in a one on one Halo game and punched him.  I immediately jumped in and told him that it wasn't acceptable and if he did anything like that again he would go home.  He smarted off and said "well I'll just go now then" got and attempt to walk out of my home alone.  I went after him and walked him home.  The older boy is spending the night.

So about 3 weeks ago we met new neighbors that were very nice.  There are 5 kids total in the family and 2 boys around the same age as my DS.  We've hung out with them a TON in the last few weeks mostly because we are both SAHMs.  They invited us for fajita night 3 night ago at there apartment and everything went great.  The boys are her stepkids and have been at my apartment almost daily for the last 2 weeks playing games like monopoly, Halo, Minecraft and legos.  

I have kinda felt a bit like an unpaid babysitter  since the are usually here from around 2pm to 9pm.   When my husband finishes work he usually plays halo with them for a few hours.  My DS spent the night at there house last week and tonight they are here to spend the night.   

The problem is I regret offering completely.  Her youngest lies about EVERYTHING and starts 90% of the arguments.  He is 10 and out of control.  Her oldest is 13 and awesome lol.  She just called my to tell me she is stopping by before going on a date night with her DH to drop off her youngest's melatonin because is a horrible sleeper and up very late.  So not only do I have to deal with this crazy out of control kid all night but there is also a pretty good chance that he wont sleep tonight either:/  

We are in a small apartment, I'm pregnant and this kid is making me want to strangle him...  What can I do???

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aheasley
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Send him home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Just the one?  Even though it will ruin their date night?

Quoting aheasley:

Send him home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I agree.

Quoting aheasley:

Send him home.

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM
S send them out to play flash light tag until Thay are exhausted.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. She's not paying you, you're under no obligation to watch her brat while she has fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just the one?  Even though it will ruin their date night?

Quoting aheasley:

Send him home.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Give him his melatonin and make him sleep. You offered so now you have to follow through with it, one night isn't going to kill you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

The area we are in on property isn't very safe.  I don't let my son outside unattended.

Quoting cueballsmom: S send them out to play flash light tag until Thay are exhausted.

liquidtinkerbel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would and let her know that he is being sent home because he is being rude and starting arguments. It's not you ruining her date night, it's his behaviour.

chopped headTeam Zombie! (former sn elrikandisis)

kersplat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Only let them stay a little while and send then home. Having kids from 2 until 9 would drive be crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I'm not worried about it killing me, I'm worried about killing this kid.   So you don't think it's ok to send just the one home?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Give him his melatonin and make him sleep. You offered so now you have to follow through with it, one night isn't going to kill you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)