Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whos responsible for paying to replace it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
A friend of mine was watching my 17 month old ds. She fell asleep while babysitting (another post, I am upset about it and she wont be watching him again) for about a half hour. She was woken up when DS pulled on a cord and her PS4 fell off a high shelf and broke.

Shes trying to tell me I need to pay for it. I dont feel its my fault. She shouldve been doing the job she was paid to do and WATCHING DS. DS could have been killed or hurt while she was asleep and if the PS4 didnt wake her up, who knows how long she could have been out or it could have fallen on DS's head!

Why should I pay?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Her fault 100%!
Stashlee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
You shouldn't have to pay but if you want to be nice and not burn bridges offer half.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I'll burn this bridge

Quoting Stashlee: You shouldn't have to pay but if you want to be nice and not burn bridges offer half.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Holy shit!

She is lucky that it didn't fucking slice his head open.

If she awake, even in a different room awake I would agree with her but since she wasn't I don't think you should pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM
If she admitted to falling asleep while watching him then I would say you are not responsible but then again I would say that even if she was awake. She new a toddler is very touching and in the house. So her fault on all levels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
She fell asleep on the job. Her mistake her problem.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM

When my daycare kiddos break stuff (and it does happen) I do not expect parents to pay for it.  That's why the expensive stuff is up and away.

AlleyCat08
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Her fault. She neglected her duties to watch the baby. She can pay to replace it.
sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
There's no way I would pay. Id your son got hirt would she pay the medical bills? Didn't think so.
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM
No, her fault so she has to pay. I would be pissed if a kid broke our PlayStation, but if they broke it because I fell asleep, then it would be my own fault.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN