Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Maybe this is why some parents forget their children in the car to die.....*EDITED!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 595 Replies
48 moms liked this

EDIT: Finally! I can edit my post! I just wanted to make a few things clear. I am NOT bashing working moms or parents! I WAS A WORKING SINGLE MOTHER! In my post I was only talking of extreme cases. I have had many wonderful working parents in my daycare in the past 10 years and some bad ones. Some of you missed the point of my post. I only made an observation. In most of the stories I have noticed that the parent forgot  to drop their child off at daycare. ( the second sentance in my post)  So maybe it may be easier for some of these parents to forget they had their child in the car because they are not around their children as often and their schedule is different all the time. THAT was the point of my post!!! 

Im sure I will get bashed over this but whatever. Seems like a lot of the stories involve parents forgetting to drop off their children at daycare. Maybe they arent spending enough time with their kids. And this is coming from a licensed daycare provider of 10 years. 

I see parents (not all, but many) forgetting about their children. They get confused as to who is picking up and I have to call to see who is coming. The kids spend numerous hours at my house. I have to put a 10 hr limit per day, otherwise they would for sure stay longer. Parents have many days off but still drop their kids off at the earliest time and pick up at the latest. They take separate vacations from their kids. They have grandma and grandpa take care of them every weekend and during the week! They forget to say goodbye to one kid and not the other at drop off. They constantly forget to bring their diapers, formula and extra clothes. They take hours to pick up their kids when they become ill at daycare and or drop them off when they are seriously sick. I had one set of parents ignore my concerns for their babys health which included lack of eating,fevers and congestion. He almost died in the hospital. 

They love their children. But they do and say things I could never imagine doing with their children and my own. They are selfish and put themselves first most of the time. Its the only reason I can think of. They miss so much. But they dont realize it because they are just used to dropping their kids off from 6weeks on. Thats the life they are used to. So maybe its easier to forget the child. It is possible to put your kids in daycare and be a good involved parent. Dont get me wrong. I just could never do it. Yep, ironic.  I just do my best to love and care for each child in my care as if they were my own. Its not that hard to do. They love me and I love them back. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I like to make clear that I understand as parents we are not perfect. I may be close....lol JK. We all make mistakes. I am talking about extreme cases here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:44 AM
56 moms liked this

My kids have never been in day care but I forgot about my son one time.  Thankfully he was not in a car.  Sometimes parents are exhausted, used to certain routines, distracted, etc.  It is called being human.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM
33 moms liked this

Ooo a bash working mom post

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont know what to say,,,,thank God it was only once and I hope never again

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids have never been in day care but I forgot about my son one time.  Thankfully he was not in a car.  Sometimes parents are exhausted, used to certain routines, distracted, etc.  It is called being human.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:49 AM
24 moms liked this

obviously you have reading issues,

Quoting thetrollcat:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM
50 moms liked this

DH and I have an agreement and have done this since DS was a baby,  The dropping off parent will ALWAYS call the other and report on the drop off.  Vice versa on pick up.  If the non dropping off/pick up doesnt hear from them by the expected time, we start calling until the other picks up. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM
21 moms liked this

isnt that the goal of the post? To bash parents that work and assume they are all work aholics or do not pay enough attention to their kids? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:51 AM
31 moms liked this
I agree with you OP. I used to be a daycare teacher too. I would see the same things.

I'm sorry but I just can't believe that a parent (and I use that term loosely) who leaves their kid at daycare for 10-12 hours a day five days a week and leaves them with a sitter all weekend really loves their kid.

I would be on every type of PA available to avoid having someone else raise my babies. I'm not saying I wouldn't work. I did work. But I never worked myself to the bone or used day care on my days off. My kids and time spent with them always comes first.

That's the main reason I've been a stay at home mom for the past five years and I won't let DH work a second shift or weekends. Family time is important. More important than anything and my kids are ALWAYS at the forefront of my mind. I could never forget them. Ever.

It's so sad...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:52 AM
11 moms liked this
That's how I read it too.

There are neglectful and abusive stay-at-home situations too. Working parents do not have a monopoly on not caring about their kids. Many care a lot about their kids! Don't let your experience with some bad apples color your perception of the entire group.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

j3st3r
by Jedi on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM
7 moms liked this
That's what I got out of it haha.

I must be a guilt-ridden working mother who will probably forget my kid.

Self-absorbed, too.

Quoting thetrollcat:

isnt that the goal of the post? To bash parents that work and assume they are all work aholics or do not pay enough attention to their kids? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)