Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Religious people; the Bad in Your Religion.

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:30 AM
  • 453 Replies
3 moms liked this
A lot of posts this week got me thinking.
I see a lot of posts all about the lovely and hand holding walking in sunshine- come to us sinners- repent and you shall be saved.
BUT i want you to be honest, as a Christian, Catholic, Mormon, Muslim etc;
what is one thing/many things in your religion that you do not fully agree with or have a hard time with?

*And before someone comes in all " i will not betray my faith you banshee!" I'm not trying to make you stomp and spit on your own religion, i just want to know if there is a rule or preaching that sometimes bothers you.
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM
6 moms liked this
My religion is hard to follow. Very law-oriented in everything from what we eat, how we dress, how we behave. It's not easy to follow it, especially living in a western society.
But I personally wouldn't trade all the good it gives me for the momentary pleasure if a bacon cheeseburger.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Bump :)
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this
What's your religion?
Oh darling; Turkey Bacon!! Turkey bacon :') fixed your problem.

Quoting momto2boys973: My religion is hard to follow. Very law-oriented in everything from what we eat, how we dress, how we behave. It's not easy to follow it, especially living in a western society.
But I personally wouldn't trade all the good it gives me for the momentary pleasure if a bacon cheeseburger.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:36 AM
15 moms liked this
I'm christian.....the number one thing that bothers me is the attitude towards homosexuality. Obviously we don't all feel like it's an abomination, but a lot of Christians do believe that. Makes me sad.
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM
10 moms liked this
That God hates gays. I'm certain that that is a bull shit, bold faced lie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:39 AM
11 moms liked this
I hate that preachers try to get people to Christianity with fear tactics. The Bible teaches that God is a God of LOVE, not fear. I have a relationship with God, but I could go on and on about the things I disagree with concerning the organization.
tiffluv81
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:39 AM
8 moms liked this

I do not agree with the no sex before marriage. I would hate to marry a man with a small wanker. IJS

strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM
6 moms liked this
I left my religion, and am now an agnostic atheist; But as a Christian I couldn't handle the judgement, the belief that we were the only humans worth saving. Saying love love love love, but showing the opposite.
momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Sorry! I can't believe I forgot to say that, lol. I'm Jewish.
There's no kosher turkey bacon where I live. Some turkey bacon still contains some pork for flavor.
I live without it, no biggie :)

Quoting Lilith23: What's your religion?
Oh darling; Turkey Bacon!! Turkey bacon :') fixed your problem.

Quoting momto2boys973: My religion is hard to follow. Very law-oriented in everything from what we eat, how we dress, how we behave. It's not easy to follow it, especially living in a western society.
nopenope666
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol!! Oh, my that's funny.

Quoting tiffluv81:

I do not agree with the no sex before marriage. I would hate to marry a man with a small wanker. IJS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN