Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I said I would change my SN...

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:14 PM
  • 207 Replies
30 moms liked this

if I got my promotion at work and I did.  :)  I've been talking about it for weeks. I made a post specifically about a potential SN change, so here I am. ETA: Anyone on my FB can confirm the promotion. I've been talking about it and have been congratulated by a coworker.  :)  Woot for me!  

As far as the possibility of miscarriage, I have had problems with bleeding and cramping.  My SN change had nothing to do with that though. I was actually feeling better about the pregnancy until I got my blood work back today. It was bad.  My progesterone was only 5.6 and my midwife was hoping to see 20.  Also, my hemoglobin is only 9 which explains a lot about how tired I have been.  Anyway, I changed my SN on Tuesday.  I didn't know about the labwork until today. They sent me for an ultrasound. I thought I was going for them to tell me that the pregnancy was ectopic or not viable in some way. I am happy to say that, for now, I have a happy little baby with a flickering heartbeat of 118.  I am now starting progesterone supplements and other supplements for the anemia. I am still not out of the woods.

I wasn't sure how far along I was.  By my LMP, I am 8 weeks, but I was having very long cycles and I wasn't sure when I would have ovulated. I was thinking I was 7 weeks. Turns out that the baby only measured at 6w2d.  

And yes, I do have fertility issues. Just because someone has been pregnant several times, it does not mean pregnancy comes easily for them. If you aren't capable of understanding that, there is probably no one that can explain it to you. There are medical issues that can make things difficult and I have never been one to get pregnant without tracking ovulation, taking body temps, and all that jazz for long periods of time. There was even a period that I tried for a few years with no success and gave up.  So, without actively trying and monitoring ovulation, I was pleasantly surprised that I got pregnant this time without a ton of work.  I just hope my baby can stick around.

So, there you have it folks.  I'm sorry if I made anyone worry.  

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey you! Glad you and the LO are well.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg! Throws sticky dust toward you!
articmom
by IceQueen on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Yay there you are !!!
bcoll
by Brandi on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Glad you're here. Hope things start looking up.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad y'all are okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad everything is going well! I was concerned about you but try not to be all crazy stalker on here, lol.

(I'm 6wks 5days! Yay for Feb babies!!)
eykelley
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad your back. :) im gonna miss seeing your adorable pic though. :(
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwe good luck :-)
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad your well and congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)