Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I CANT WAIT TO DIE

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know that sounds terrible, but it's not really as bad as it sounds.  39 years ago I was hit by a car while I was walking.  I don't remember the accident.  I only remember it being completely black and I was very, very cold and terribly afraid.  Then little points of light started to surround me.  They weren't bright, but bright like stars on a desert night.  The more stars that showed up the warmer and more comforted I felt.  Eventually I felt complete and total joy and peace.  It was a wonderful place and I didn't consider wanting to leave that place.  Three days later I woke up in a German hospital.  My left leg had been dislocated and rammed up through my pelvis, shattering it.  I didn't know it but I had had a stroke and was paralyzed on my left side.

I was blessed enough to recover remarkably well.  I walk with a limp and my left side is very weak and I still have seizures.  But it is a struggle each day.  I love my life and family.  But that blissful place calls to me.  I am NOT suicidal.  I would never make it happen.  But I dont think I will fight very hard when the time comes. 

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Wow. I'm sorry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM
This is very reassuring to me, I have always been terrified of death.
PogoPalOj
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Quoting Anonymous: This is very reassuring to me, I have always been terrified of death.

I'm glad this brought you some comfort, it was meant to.  I fall back on this experience whenever a loved one dies.  And if you think about it in the right light, I hit my head and saw stars. lol  I was in a coma for three days.

JackieGirl007
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Same thing happened to my grandpa when he had a heart attack. He did not want to go back into his body but he did it for my grandma.

PogoPalOj
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:36 AM

I ddin't remember making that choice, but the Lord has me here for a reason I guess. I was only ten.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:38 AM
How old were you when this happened? I know this may sound weird, but your story has eased my fear of death a bit. Your story is interesting. Thank you for sharing.
PogoPalOj
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Wow. I'm sorry. 

Please don't be sorry.  I just get tired sometimes.  I have a good life.  I would not be the same person that I am if this hadn't happened and I like who I am.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:31 AM
Wow. I have nothing nice to say right now. I'm sure your brain shutting down is an interesting experience and all but it's the last thing you will ever experience. Saying you can't wait to experience it again is messed up.
CrazyBossy
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:31 AM
How old were you when it happened?
southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:33 AM

I'm not suicidal either, but sometimes I just want to KNOW already. Like, skip to the last page of the book. I'd never do it, because morning comes and I remember that the story, and the path to get there is the best part. Also I have this paranoia that there are no shortcuts in any life and if you skip out before you're due, you'll just end up repeating it all over again until you finish it. 

So, not the same thing as you, but I get what you're saying. For me, night time is the hardest time to be alive, and 3 am knows all my secrets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN