Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really dad? For once in your life you couldn't keep peace?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:07 PM
  • 70 Replies
I get it fathers day passed, but I got so upset about what happened on that day I took a short break from CM.

I'll start by saying, my dad is a hardcore Christian, I'm a Lesbian. He disowned me the second I came out, refuses to talk to me. Gets even agressive if I'm brought up in a conversation.

On Fathers day, I called him and wished him a wonderful Fathers day on his answering machine. Just simple, I wasn't trying to start anything or meant to.

Well hours later he called me back screaming on the phone. Saying bunch of digusting things, I just sat there and listened. Crying obviously, I mean once in 7 years since I came out. I wish he'd over look for a second my sexual orientation, and at least act civilized. Just say thank you, But no all I got was crap.

This is what I get, for listening to my mom and called him. It's super awesome.. All I said was "Hi dad, I know you don't want to talk to me. But all I want to say is happy fathers day. Bye" Just don't get how that triggered a ton of hate spewing from him.

It's very painful, see, just writting this now I'm crying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:07 AM
7 moms liked this
Your father is profoundly missing the point of Christianity.

I'm sorry you were treated that way. Congratulations on being the bigger person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goldpandora
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs

SavvyMommy2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:12 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this. Just remember that family is who we choose to surround ourselves with. If he doesn't want you in his life he is missing out on a gift. Hugs
samelove89
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Yeah but I hoped that one day he'd forget about his religious stuff and make peace. I mean my mom told me in war every troops gets a day of peace. I was stupid to believe her I think.

Quoting SavvyMommy2: I'm sorry you are going through this. Just remember that family is who we choose to surround ourselves with. If he doesn't want you in his life he is missing out on a gift. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I would simply start to ignore him from now on. I know it's not easy, but you don't need that in your life.

Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM
I'm sorry. That must have felt awful!
flaquitabss
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Aw that sucks!! I would never allow my husband to treat our children that way.

Not that he needs permission, obviously. But to hell with him if he thinks I would stay with him while he treats people (specially our people) like this.
samelove89
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I tell myself he's got his own Christian world sometimes. I mean he's a very hateful person, and sometimes I ask myself if he's just blaming it on Christianity. Because the Christianity I was raised with, Didn't seem as hateful but Idk.

Quoting MommyAddie: Your father is profoundly missing the point of Christianity.

I'm sorry you were treated that way. Congratulations on being the bigger person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Fuck him! You deserve more than that! You don't need someone that hateful in your life! Who can love their child conditionally like that?
samelove89
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:37 AM
You're right I'm done trying.

Quoting AllofFive19:

I would simply start to ignore him from now on. I know it's not easy, but you don't need that in your life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN