Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

But irish isn't derogatory

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 254 Replies
2 moms liked this
I saw on the news today people talking about the redskins and how some think they should change their name.
Someone said I'm irish you don't see me complaining about the fighting irish. Irish isn't a derogatory word, and fight irish isn't derogatory either. I'm irish and it's not offensive or derogatory in anyway.
Redskin is, it is similar to n***** etc.
do you agree or disagree?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM
25 moms liked this
I find this whole thing obnoxious. They are the red skins, theyve always been the redskins, and they should remain the redskins.

Dont like it, dont buy their product.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Would you say that if they were called the n***** or the chinks?

Quoting Anonymous: I find this whole thing obnoxious. They are the red skins, theyve always been the redskins, and they should remain the redskins.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM
7 moms liked this
Stupud question

Quoting Anonymous: Would you say that if they were called the n***** or the chinks?

Quoting Anonymous: I find this whole thing obnoxious. They are the red skins, theyve always been the redskins, and they should remain the redskins.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this
People are silly.
Derogatory terms have always been challenged and often changed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM
3 moms liked this
No it's not. It's the same thing to call a Native American a redskin as it is to call the others those things.

Quoting Anonymous: Stupud question

Quoting Anonymous: Would you say that if they were called the n***** or the chinks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
No, actually its not.

Quoting Anonymous: No it's not. It's the same thing to call a Native American a redskin as it is to call the others those things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm surprised it took so long for this to be an issue
TeacherMommy131
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Please explain how it's different.

Quoting Anonymous: No, actually its not.

Quoting Anonymous: No it's not. It's the same thing to call a Native American a redskin as it is to call the others those things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Apparently people don't realize or accept that it is a derogatory, offensive slang word for native Americans

Quoting Anonymous: I'm surprised it took so long for this to be an issue
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes actually it is

Quoting Anonymous: No, actually its not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)