Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you think these commenters went so loco?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 87 Replies

Rainbow Cake Recipe Online Leads To Hilariously Absurd Comment War

by Rebecca Stokes

cake wars

So you go to website to learn how to make a colorful rainbow cake. Sounds innocent enough, right? What harm could come in researching confection? None, right? It turns out, that is not the case. Especially not if the cake you are eyeing is a certain Rainbow-Cake. Oh sure, this beautiful cake might not be made for beginners, it's got it's fair share of challenges and a little bit of advanced techniques. It's only natural that commenters would respond to the recipe with questions, right?

Wrong. Looks like some of the chefs -- pros and amateurs alike -- have been watching too many reality TV shows! What began as just some borderline rude sniping over a question regarding how long to freeze an ingredient quickly degenerated into name-calling of a ludicrous (and, let's be real) totally hilarious fashion. Things that should not ever inspire such ire: CAKES. 

Once the mud-slinging started, it wouldn't stop! One insulted amateur tried to clear their good name, only to have another army of commenters come forth, calling him a troll and worse! We are talking communist name calling, political jabs, obscene rudeness and more. It's actually a really funny read that I can't do justice here. Suffice it with this one before you go forth and read:

This is helpful. This thread confirms that society is f*cked. No doubt about that, the end is near. But at least now there'll be cake! :D

Amen.

I understand that negative commenters dwell everywhere (hi, I write on the internet for a living, this is hardly a revelation), but on a site dedicated to sharing cake recipes? Really?

It's like both the internet and the culinary world have reached a new low. Ultimately, I feel most badly for the poor innocent cake! Can't you picture it? Just sitting there are beautiful and delicious being like, "can't we all just get along?!" Poor cake! 

Why do you think these commenters went so loco?

Image via Annie A/Flickr

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Because they can.  Sad really

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Nancy had a bad case of fanny flow, :/ i mean look at the "are you pretty" post, a "yes i am" gets you over 159 rude comments, depressing jabs and obscene jokes on your looks. :/
having a box between your legs does not give you the right to be a twat ladies!
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM
5 moms liked this

Oh my and on a cake thread no less. Peopple are straight up crazy with their, sorry it has to be said, "facebook balls."  LMB(utt)O (just had to clarify laughing my butt off the b did not stand for balls). LOL LOL LOLrolling on floor

TEIMSfamily
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM

:( I love making that cake. It is really easy to do. My daughter loved it. 

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

white people! smh

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Even MC doesn't degenerate THAT quickly.

littlesippycup
Dating Naked is hilarious!!
Today at 1:12 AM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

So many deranged people =/

JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM
8 moms liked this

Because people spend so much of their social interaction time behind a screen they have forgotten how to be normal, decent, human beings and this new wave of "I can say whatever I want to whomever I want in whatever tone I choose" with no repercussions because the person just hits "send" and walks away is not doing society any favors. 

It's shameful and embarrassing, and I doubt 90% of people would say half of what they do if they did not feel like they had the immunity of internet anonymity! 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Because people are ridiculous.
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL... it can...

Quoting MamaRae85:

Wow. Even MC doesn't degenerate THAT quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)