Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

About to evict my tenants who broke the rules

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 420 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm a landlord and all my tenants had to sign the lease and all lease say "no pets" in the house unless they pay $1,000 no refund and it's per pet only cat and dog breed, I can do whatever I want and I make the rules. Well one of my tenants brought a dog to the house and it's a service dog with church fundraising to a child who has epilepsy, well I put in an eviction notice and they either get the dog out of here or I'll kick them out. I don't care if its a service dog, the tenants say they don't have money to pay for the pet deposit because the father works at Wal-mart and the mother stays at home yet they got money from church donations to get a service dog and they should of got donations to pay the fee before they brought a service dog as well. The tenants who brought a service dog to the house are trying to sue me, but they can't because I make the rules and that what it said and they broke it. I hope they lose when I see them in court and they will be kicked out for sure. I don't care if the tenants have medical problems that requires a fucking service animal, they can't have it unless they pay the fee. I'm not helping them out with with pet fee or anyone's rent, I need to make money to support my 4 children and I put some money in the bank for my children's college fund and pet fee is a bonus for those who wants bring in their animals. If my tenants broke any rules from the lease, they will be kicked out.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM
42 moms liked this

The ADA may protect them. Tread lightly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure they can have a service animal by law.
jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

yawn

Anouck
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM
33 moms liked this

You HAVE to be a troll. If you're not, you're a horrible person. So either way, you suck. 

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM
30 moms liked this

Thankfully the ADA AND The Fair Housing Act protects them from you. If you choose to continue with your plan you can expect to be fined and possibly lose your ability to rent to anyone in the future. 

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Heartless much? Holy hell. Yes they broke your rules and that sucks but get off your high horse.
_mimimosley_
4 moms liked this
So you'd rather kick them out and not get that monthly income than work something out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM
5 moms liked this

You can't legally say no to service pets.  And what kind of heartless person would?  

I hope you evict them and they sue you.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Don't blame you.
Diamepphyre
11 moms liked this

I'm pretty sure it does.  So good luck with that, OP.  They could end up *owning* your rentals if aren't careful.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

The ADA may protect them. Tread lightly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)