Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your occupation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies

What's your occupation?  I'm a new construction cleaner.  I also clean show suites.  I have to admit that not only am I over qualified for my job, I'm embarrassed by it.  I'm half way done a Bachelor of Science degree at university, but basically I ran out of money and can't carry on with school right now.  I'm hoping to go back in a year or 2.  I'm already 34 though.  I feel like a failure :(  Plus, my bosses laid me off, fired me, rehired me with a lay off in July and rehired me again with possibly no lay off in July, all in a matter of an hour.  They're unreal.  My job is stressful like that...

Anyways, what do you do?  Do you love your job?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Retired SAHM ......again

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Again?

Quoting Sassy762:

Retired SAHM ......again

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:08 AM

BUMP!

KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:12 AM
I clean offices for a local company. I'm not very proud of my job either, I guess my job title would be "custodian," and what's so glamorous about that? But, the reason I am here is because I am struggling through infertility, and currently going through IVF, and this job is extremely flexible with my schedule, which is what I need right now, with all of my doctor appointments. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. On the plus side, it's a really easy job, and I get paid pretty decent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:13 AM
2 moms liked this

LTC nurse aid.. But I am finished with my RN program.. hoping to test in July.. and then I will be a Nurse!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:16 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your fertility problems.  Hope things work out for you.

My job is pretty flexible as well.  I suppose I can't comlpain about that either.

Quoting KJ786: I clean offices for a local company. I'm not very proud of my job either, I guess my job title would be "custodian," and what's so glamorous about that? But, the reason I am here is because I am struggling through infertility, and currently going through IVF, and this job is extremely flexible with my schedule, which is what I need right now, with all of my doctor appointments. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. On the plus side, it's a really easy job, and I get paid pretty decent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Awesome!  Good for you!  Good luck with your test :)

Quoting Anonymous:

LTC nurse aid.. But I am finished with my RN program.. hoping to test in July.. and then I will be a Nurse!!

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Least you have a job :( I don't 

KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:22 AM
Before this, I was working at an animal shelter. I didn't get paid as well, but it was full time, and I absolutely loved it there, as animals are a huge part of my life. I was sad when I had to leave, but the location was also about an hour away, and there was no way I would find the time to squeeze in all of my doctor appointments into such a hectic schedule.

Thanks for your kind words, though! I hope things work out eventually, too. I would like to get back into working with animals again someday...

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry to hear about your fertility problems.  Hope things work out for you.

My job is pretty flexible as well.  I suppose I can't comlpain about that either.

Quoting KJ786: I clean offices for a local company. I'm not very proud of my job either, I guess my job title would be "custodian," and what's so glamorous about that? But, the reason I am here is because I am struggling through infertility, and currently going through IVF, and this job is extremely flexible with my schedule, which is what I need right now, with all of my doctor appointments. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. On the plus side, it's a really easy job, and I get paid pretty decent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Touche...  Have you been looking for a job?  Are you a SAHM?

I would prefer to be able to finish my degree though, or even stay at home.  Dh says I'm not allowed to just stay home though...  Oh well...

Quoting white_wolf454:

Least you have a job :( I don't 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)