Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnancy status update

Posted by   + Show Post
Well, I just got a call from my midwife.

The good news:

My progesterone went from the dangerously low level of 5.6 to a very, very good level of 24.6 after only 2 100mg doses of oral progesterone. My midwife said that she has never seen progesterone respond that quickly.

The bad news:

My HCG is not doubling. It is supposed to double every 48 hours. I had mine tested and my first was 21000 and 72 hours later, it was only 33000. This is not a good sign. :(

So, I'm not out of the woods still, but there is nothing more we can do. I just have to wait and keep up hope.
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Replies (21-29):
CrazyBossy
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM
That is so not fair. I'm literally crying for you right now. I've been very lucky in many ways and I'd give you my old used tubes if I could. :(

Quoting EAzizM: It's in the other group....which I am guessing you probably haven't joined with your new sn. Lol

Yea, I am officially tubeless as of Monday night. I had another ectopic and they took my only tube.

I hope everything works out for you hun.

Quoting CrazyBossy: :( Oh no. I'm so sorry. Where is the post?

My midwife did explain that there is a chance that we are maintaining a pregnancy that is not meant to be maintained and the outcome could still be not good in some way. :(

Quoting EAzizM: The way my doctor explained it was that low P can usually mean a bad egg. You can supplement the progesterone but it doesn't change the quality of the egg. A bad quality egg can along with low p cause levels not to rise properly. I hope that isn't the case here. I don't know if you read my post but I am no longer able to get pregnant naturally anymore. Thought you should know. Hugs
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM
That's so strange! Here in NC they will not administer progesterone until after 16 weeks of pregnancy because of the possibility of a poor quality egg that will just end in miscarriage later in pregnancy vs just letting the body expel the pregnancy early on. Giving progesterone may cause the pregnancy to last longer which will cause more problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyBossy
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I was informed that it may be the case and given the option.

Quoting mamakat070812: That's so strange! Here in NC they will not administer progesterone until after 16 weeks of pregnancy because of the possibility of a poor quality egg that will just end in miscarriage later in pregnancy vs just letting the body expel the pregnancy early on. Giving progesterone may cause the pregnancy to last longer which will cause more problems.
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM
That's good and I pray that all turns out well for you. I know how difficult losses are. I have had both early and late term losses.

Quoting CrazyBossy: I was informed that it may be the case and given the option.

Quoting mamakat070812: That's so strange! Here in NC they will not administer progesterone until after 16 weeks of pregnancy because of the possibility of a poor quality egg that will just end in miscarriage later in pregnancy vs just letting the body expel the pregnancy early on. Giving progesterone may cause the pregnancy to last longer which will cause more problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Thank you. I'll be ok...In time. Right now I just want to shank everyone in the eye. Luckily, we aren't out of options and we don't plan on giving up.

Quoting CrazyBossy: That is so not fair. I'm literally crying for you right now. I've been very lucky in many ways and I'd give you my old used tubes if I could. :(

Quoting EAzizM: It's in the other group....which I am guessing you probably haven't joined with your new sn. Lol

Yea, I am officially tubeless as of Monday night. I had another ectopic and they took my only tube.

My midwife did explain that there is a chance that we are maintaining a pregnancy that is not meant to be maintained and the outcome could still be not good in some way. :(

Quoting EAzizM: The way my doctor explained it was that low P can usually mean a bad egg. You can supplement the progesterone but it doesn't change the quality of the egg. A bad quality egg can along with low p cause levels not to rise properly. I hope that isn't the case here. I don't know if you read my post but I am no longer able to get pregnant naturally anymore. Thought you should know. Hugs
CrazyBossy
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I am holding out hope because I had a low progesterone level once before and ended up with a healthy baby. My body isn't great at releasing the right hormones at the right time and it causes me all sorts of issues from poor ovulation, poor breastmilk production, low thyroid levels, etc... It is just weird.

Quoting mamakat070812: That's good and I pray that all turns out well for you. I know how difficult losses are. I have had both early and late term losses.

Quoting CrazyBossy: I was informed that it may be the case and given the option.

CrazyBossy
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. I do know that type of anger and it takes a little while. There are many things that will make you go through the stages of loss.

Quoting EAzizM: Thank you. I'll be ok...In time. Right now I just want to shank everyone in the eye. Luckily, we aren't out of options and we don't plan on giving up.

Quoting CrazyBossy: That is so not fair. I'm literally crying for you right now. I've been very lucky in many ways and I'd give you my old used tubes if I could. :(

abrittani
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Sorry to hear it isn't all good news, hope things turn around!! Do you know how far along you are?

CrazyBossy
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM
The baby measured at 6w2d on Thursday.

Quoting abrittani:

Sorry to hear it isn't all good news, hope things turn around!! Do you know how far along you are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)