Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddler with eczema need sunscreen rec

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I've been using aveeno kids sunscreen but it's making his eczema worse. Any recommendations. I'm in the USA
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I was told to use all that stuff on my son who is 9 and has had SEVERE eczema since he was an infant.  I have found that using the Vaseline lotion with cocoa butter works wonders and I always use the spray sunscreen. It doesn't seem to effect it too bad, least than the others anyway.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Mobile Photo

I really like this one . They have a baby version too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:37 AM
My youngest has excema, I use California Baby or Episencial, Babies R Us has a good one, babyganics? I think that's the name.

Good luck!
ZombieMeat37
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Most sunscreens contain toxins and chemicals that can and often do, irritate those with skin conditions. I would opt for a more natural sunscreen, make your own or don't use any at all. You can be safe in the sun without having to slather yourself with sunscreen.

Fulltimemommy12
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM
This! Babyganics is great. I notice dry patches on dd leg about six months ago I use all babyganic products and topical hydrocortisone cream if necessary but to be honest she hasn't had patches in a long while and I do believe it's because of the gentle products

Quoting Anonymous: My youngest has excema, I use California Baby or Episencial, Babies R Us has a good one, babyganics? I think that's the name.

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:48 AM
This. I use California Baby.

Quoting Anonymous: My youngest has excema, I use California Baby or Episencial, Babies R Us has a good one, babyganics? I think that's the name.

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Babyganics is fab, I have used their stuff in a pinch and I would again.

I really like Episencial and California Baby because neither have petroleum derivatives in them. I am trying to avoid those, which is not easy lol.

Quoting Fulltimemommy12: This! Babyganics is great. I notice dry patches on dd leg about six months ago I use all babyganic products and topical hydrocortisone cream if necessary but to be honest she hasn't had patches in a long while and I do believe it's because of the gentle products

Good luck!
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
http://www.badgerbalm.com/s-29-about-badger-organic-sunscreen.aspx

You want a physical sunblock, not a chemical sunscreen.
wymama610
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I did extensive research on sunscreen, and found Badger to be the best. My little one has mild eczema, and it doesn't bother her skin at all. You want to look for non-nano zinc as the main ingredient on sunscreen. No words you can't pronounce, philates, etc that are chemicals and can irritate skin.
daniellegirly26
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)