Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my baby swollen cheek (PIC) ... "UPDATE"... (lymph node)

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM
  • 46 Replies

Hi ladies, my baby is 8 months old and last night when he woke up from his nap his right cheek was super swollen,, we took him to the doctor this morning and doctor said he doesn't know whats causing the swelling but he thinks its infection in his glands,, he give us antibiotics , doctor told us to bring him back on monday and we should see a difference by tomorrow but im still freaking out , its getting bigger and more swollen .. my baby is acting happy and normal and hes eating great ,, have your children ever experience swollen glands??  

update::  so i took my baby to the er, it started getting worse, they drew blood out and it showed it was a virus and it was getting worse so they transfer my baby to phoenix children hospital that same night, its the worse feeling ever ,, 3 days with antibiotics and 2 rounds of  steroids for the inflammation took most of the swelling away, the doctor finally decided there was no need for surgery to drain everything out that was a big relief, this morning it was 95% gone so they send us home with antibiotics for 10 days twice a day,, but as soon as we went home it started again, its mostly hard no swelling yet,  tomorrow morning we have a doctor appoint with hes pediatrician ,,    we hoping it goes way with the antibiotics at home i dont want to take my baby back its hard seeing your baby with ivs and cables everywhere.     " ill try to update again"   

by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hafsa1
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg! Honestly I would have skipped the docs and went to the ER. Hope the antibiotics work and he gets better!
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Holy cow! That would have scared me to death. I had swollen glands as a child, but I've never seen it look like that. Poor little guy....hope it goes away quickly.
devoted31
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this

first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that pic was mumps :/

MLB30
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Call the dr inform him it's growing and ask how to proceed. Good luck 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Has he been vaccinated?
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Poor baby. I've never seen anything like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Call the dr back and tell him it's getting worse. Or take him to the er. That would scare me if my baby woke up looking like that
Genesis29
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM

doctor said its very rare that is mumps because hes not showing signs, but then again he had no clue whats causing the swelling, he just thinks its infection but its getting bigger. : (

Quoting devoted31:

first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that pic was mumps :/

manda.
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:08 PM
I would take him to the ER. That's scary.
Genesis29
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM

yes ,,

Quoting Anonymous: Has he been vaccinated?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN