Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf? I don't think the doctor is allowed to do this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 743 Replies
3 moms liked this
I'm casual friends with my doctor's wife, as in we see each other at church events every now and then but we're not close or anything.

My daughter went in for birth control last week. She's been on it before and wanted to go back on, I know she's on if, and she's 17. I was away and couldn't join her for the appointment. She went to a different doctor until recently and it was her first time seeing mine.

I saw this lady this afternoon at church. She pulled me aside and said "my husband told me your daughter was in on Tuesday for birth control. I wanted to let you know so you can ask her about it." And kind of laughed and said "moms looking out for moms!".

Isn't that illegal? Isn't he not allowed to talk to his wife about patients and what they came in for? I'm at a loss. Is there someone I can report this to?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkblckstar
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm not sure. But id be pissed as well.
georgiagurl8648
by Jesse on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM
10 moms liked this
Why would you report it? That's kinda stupid and you are over reacting.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM
5 moms liked this
Yeah, that can't be legal. I don't know what the procedure is to deal with something like that though, so here's a bump.
metalmomma86
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:31 PM
152 moms liked this
Oh fuck no. I would so be on that phone with that asshole.
Blatant violation of HIPAA laws
Jodee24
1 mom liked this
That's so wrong!
mummyoftwins92
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:31 PM
14 moms liked this
No their not allowed nor are they allowed to talk to you about it, i would have been a smart ass and said "wow and here's me thinking she was pregnant" just to see the look on her face!

Quoting Anonymous: I'm casual friends with my doctor's wife, as in we see each other at church events every now and then but we're not close or anything.

My daughter went in for birth control last week. She's been on it before and wanted to go back on, I know she's on if, and she's 17. I was away and couldn't join her for the appointment. She went to a different doctor until recently and it was her first time seeing mine.

I saw this lady this afternoon at church. She pulled me aside and said "my husband told me your daughter was in on Tuesday for birth control. I wanted to let you know so you can ask her about it." And kind of laughed and said "moms looking out for moms!".

Isn't that illegal? Isn't he not allowed to talk to his wife about patients and what they came in for? I'm at a loss. Is there someone I can report this to?
mommyoflittles

That shouldnt be legal. Not sure who you tell

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:31 PM
34 moms liked this
So you're ok with your doctor discussing you with their spouse and their spouse talking to people at church about you?

Quoting georgiagurl8648: Why would you report it? That's kinda stupid and you are over reacting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM
19 moms liked this
Because it seems like a blatant violation of privacy. How do I know he's not blabbing to his wife about things I see him privately for??

Quoting georgiagurl8648: Why would you report it? That's kinda stupid and you are over reacting.
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM
39 moms liked this
Yes that is and he broke tons of HIPPA laws. I'd be pissed and demanding answers. Then I would report him and find a new doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)