Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this relationship over?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I have been in a relationship with my husband for 8 years, but we've been married for almost 4. We have two amazing kids together. However, recently we have felt out of sync. He recently confessed to me that he felt the same and was seriously contemplating asking me for a divorce. At first he said he couldn't tell me why,but then he told me he felt I'm not ambitious and I am okay with settling for things just the way they are. We live in a low income housing and have since he moved in with me before we had children. I have been a stay at home mom as well as a working mom during this time.  I have supported him through every new venture he has tried.  However, when I recently tried out for the police force, I didn't make it and was asked to try again in a few months. He added that I didn't really make any effort and basically hinted that I will never be able to take care of myself. Let me add that I work, clean the house and take care of the kids all without his help whcih I have done whether or not he had a job at the time. He does help financially but for the most part everything from paying bills to just about anything to do with the children is all on me. Whenever he does help financially he acts as if it a big hassle even though he 3x as much as I do and I never ask unless it is something that the house or the kids need. He even spent his birthday at a club with his cousins and friends to which I was not invited.

I just don't think I can do it anymore. Whenever we have a issue, he is ready to throw in the towel rather than work it out even when we have small problems. I'm tired of waiting it out or talking through it. I love him and he says he still loves me but I don't think that is enough anymore. I don't like limbo. I'm just not sure what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Abigailhayden
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:44 PM
I don't know how you have stayed in a relationship like this for as long as you have. He treats you like shit and doesn't even support his family how he should. I don't even understand what there is to love about him?

He sounds emotionally checked out. I think for him, it's over.
Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:52 PM

well you need to tell him that its a cop out.. if you arent ambitious enough, he is a coward. hes ready to throw the towel in instead of fight to save your marriage. sugest marriage councling to him as a last ditch effort.. and if he declines, I am not sure of what more you can do.

To me it sounds like your worn out and he doesnt do much to help you out.. thats not fair. He needs to step up. And why were you not invited to his party? Thats pretty shady.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM
I would not be with a deadbeat who bitches about supporting his kids. You would do better to kick his ass to the curb and get cs and him get visitation. He might actually spend more time with his kids that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

In he beginning he was very sweet and supportive. He was there everytime I had a bout of morning sickness, doctors appointments, etc. He still tried to buy gifts just because and his children love to play with him. He's not abusive but he just doesn't try anymore. If I really needed him, I know he would be there. That is why I haven't ended it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:59 PM
He's a piece of crap. You gotta move on he's a hypocrite and a child :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)