Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

children and bodyguard? wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
To start yes I am going anon, no I won't post pics, if you think I am a troll fine, and no I won't tell you Dh's exact job title lol Now to move on to my question.... My DS is 5 this year and will be attending kindergarten at a small private school. The grounds and security at the school seem very adequate so I feel like he does not need a body guard on the grounds of the school unless a specific threat has been made. My DH however feels differently. His compromise is to have the body guard stay at the security gate and check on DS every hour or so. I think its too much. Even I rarely have a bodyguard unless threats have been made. DH however always has a bodyguard due to the nature of his job. DS is our oldest and we are slightly protective of him. What would you do? Oh also we are not in the United States.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Homeschool

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM
If I felt there was a chance someone could hurt my child and had the money and the school allowed it then I don't see why not. Since I don't know your full situation I can't really say if it's over kill or what.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I agree with DH. I am also over protective though. Mine went with us to cheerleading sign ups.
momto3B
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM

If you are outside the US, in a country where the threat of kidnapping is very real, I would go with a bodyguard. 

SneezyAl
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM
If I had to worry about a body guard I would homeschool and hire tutors or a teacher to come to the home if needed.
SaskMummy
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Why do you need a bodyguard?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Talk to the actual school about it.  Does the child already have a guard assigned to them?  It could be his companion while at school.  Most guards are trained to fade into background for everyone especially children though so they can have a "normal" life.

WickedOpal
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM

It depends on which country it is in.  If it's Mexico, Central, or South America, then I would go with what your DH is saying for sure.  There are some other places where there is a high child kidnapping rate that would also make me say that. 

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM

She said it in the op, because of her husbands job.

Quoting SaskMummy: Why do you need a bodyguard?

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I'm with dh. If something happened because ds didn't have a guard you would never forgive yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)