Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should I fire the babysitter?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 196 Replies
2 moms liked this
The kids love there babysitter, but she keeps telling me I am not paying her enough to watch 3 kidsa day. She watches them 4 and sometimes 5 days a week for about 2-3 hrs a day. I am paying her $65 a week. I admit money has been tight and I have been late paying her. She told me that she needs to be paid like a professional or I should find a new babysitter! After I told her a week ago if I can pay her later next week and she said that was fine. And today she texted me all this! And now she is also demanding me to pay $10 per child plus $10 an hr per day which is like 200 a week. Should I just find another babysitter I can afford and fire her? Where can I find a website to look for nannies that are affordable?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Go to care.com

She has things she wants to buy or take care of with her money so I can see her frustration.
WhiteRose24
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:03 AM
5 moms liked this
I would fire her. If she wants professional pay then she needs get certified and/or get a license. That is if she doesn't already.
myshoes
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Not sure where you live but I am in central ohio and I am considered CHEAP. I charge $25 per day per child. For 4 days a week you would be paying me $300 per week (and that is every week whether you bring them every day or not). To have someone go to your home is usually MORE.
You might want to do some checking around before you respond to your current sitter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Is she licensed? Does she have training in child care? Is she CPR and first aid certified? I'd tell her I'd pay her more once she gets ALL those things. And a child care worker in a PROFESSIONAL center usually starts at $8/hr here. So yeah it's not worth $10/hr. No way.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM
10 moms liked this
No one in their right mind is going to watch 3 kids for 13 dollars a day at 4 dollars per kid.

Good luck with that, remember you get what you pay for.

Try care.com ... but ya never going to happen.

Do you provide food? Is it in your home or hers?
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM
11 moms liked this

so 2.5 hrs/day x 5 days a week = 12 hours a week for 3 kids for $65?  hell no, good luck finding some poor schmuck to think that's a big payday.

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
You aren't paying her enough.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Do you realize op is paying 4 dollars per kid basically a day..

Would you babysit for that?

Quoting Anonymous: Is she licensed? Does she have training in child care? Is she CPR and first aid certified? I'd tell her I'd pay her more once she gets ALL those things. And a child care worker in a PROFESSIONAL center usually starts at $8/hr here. So yeah it's not worth $10/hr. No way.
nopenope666
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:06 AM
5 moms liked this
You aren't paying her shit. Good luck finding someone else to work for nothing.
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:06 AM

well, you burned that bridge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN