Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I called animal control on my neighbors. *update1 *update2 *update3 *pic. *HUGE UPDATE!! Added pic from article

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I got home yesterday and I saw their dog was out front, loose. No big deal. But then the dog got closer and I realized you could seriously see every single bone in that dogs body. It looked like it was dying and I felt so bad, so I called. Hopefully they will pick the poor thing up ):

The police came out around 730 and took pictures of their dogs. The neighbors were not home when they came.

Got home from work around 920 and there were no cops. Just looked outside and there were 3. I think more is going on in that house then just the dog problem. But me calling set the ball rolling.

*okay we found out that they have 3 dogs. Two of them are starving to death and the other one is perfectly healthy and fed.

*yesterday afternoon animal control came out. I'm not exactly sure if they took the dogs but I'm pretty sure they did. They usually have the kids and dogs outside all day long but we haven't seen them once since the police showed up the first time.

**Apparently my boyfriend got a picture they day we found the dog, I'll add it

*CLARKSVILLE, TENN. — A Clarksville couple has been charged with felony child abuse and neglect and animal cruelty after Clarksville Police went to their home for a welfare check Monday and found two children covered in bug bites living in deplorable conditions with eight extremely emaciated dogs.

Daniel Kevin Thompson and Jessica Dawn Thompson, both 33, were each charged with two counts of child abuse and neglect and animal cruelty after their home was found filled with urine and feces, according to an arrest warrant. Two girls, 5 and 9, were found with insect bites and feces and urine were reportedly found in their beds and on floors and kitchen counters. The girls placed in the custody of Department of Children Services, the warrant says.

Both Thompsons gave the Green Valley Court home as their address and were booked into the Montgomery County Jail Tuesday on $15,000 bond.

No additional information was available about the children.

Montgomery County Animal Control was called to the home and took away eight extremely emaciated dogs, five cats, two rabbits, two parakeets, two hamsters, a chicken and a rabbit, said Director Tim Clifton.

The dogs were in the worst shape. A Great Dane who should have weighed 120 pounds weighed in at only 58 pounds and his ribs and hip bones were easily visible. He was covered in flea bites and bleeding from the wounds, said Animal Control Officer Willie Johnston, who came in on his day off Wednesday to give the dogs baths.

A miniature pincer was also extremely skinny, along with four pit bull mixes. Two pit bulls who had been recently acquired were in better shape but still underweight, Clifton said.

All seem to be extremely sweet dogs, if a bit shy.

The cats and other animals fared better. All are available for adoption after the owners agreed to surrender them to Animal Control, Clifton said.

This is a developing story and will be updated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Yeah thin dog means dying. Why not talk to your neighbors instead of calling on them. A few years ago my dog got sick and became thin didn't mean I wasn't taking care of him he was ill and under the vets care.

Quoting Anonymous: I got home yesterday and I saw their dog was out front, loose. No big deal. But then the dog got closer and I realized you could seriously see every single bone in that dogs body. It looked like it was dying and I felt so bad, so I called. Hopefully they will pick the poor thing up ):

randomantics
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have done the same. Good job!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

or feed the dog instead of letting it starve

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM
3 moms liked this
Their yard is trashed and disgusting looking. These people come to our house begging us for money. I thought nothing of the dog being skinny from a distance but when it came close and you can literally see it's while spine, shoulder blades, hips, and rib outline completely, yeah I'm gonna call.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Yeah thin dog means dying. Why not talk to your neighbors instead of calling on them. A few years ago my dog got sick and became thin didn't mean I wasn't taking care of him he was ill and under the vets care.

Quoting Anonymous: I got home yesterday and I saw their dog was out front, loose. No big deal. But then the dog got closer and I realized you could seriously see every single bone in that dogs body. It looked like it was dying and I felt so bad, so I called. Hopefully they will pick the poor thing up ):

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
And while waiting for them you couldn't give it some food and water?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM
The dog lives on their back porch on the second story, I've never seen the dog outside or up close before so I have no way to feed it or I would!

Quoting Anonymous:

or feed the dog instead of letting it starve

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM
I just answered that to someone else

Quoting Anonymous: And while waiting for them you couldn't give it some food and water?
20Keller12
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Then they show the vet records, and/or animal control calls said vet.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I had the same thing happen, but my dog wasn't sick, or too skinny....or anything they claimed.

The Animal Control officer said someone reported that he was vicisous, had the mange and was missing over half of his fur, and was starving to death.

He walked into the house to see the dog, and saw this:

He pet him, played with him, saw his vet records, OBVIOUSLY saw that he didn't have mange and wasn't missing fur....he did say, "he is a bit skinny." BUT when I told them he was a Great Dane mix...he was like, "Oh, they're supposed to be skinny." And we were cleared.....

IF the dog isn't sickly and starving to death and/or the owners can prove he's under the care of a vet, they'll leave them alone. I'd rather call than to be sorry, though, honestly. I told the officer that came here to tell the people who made the complaint that I said, "Thank you for caring about my pet." LOL

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I would have done the same thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN