Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it unacceptable for a woman not to

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Keep the house clean. I'm pregnant with a broken elbow and arm. My husband says the house is a mess and its unacceptable because I'm a woman. We failed inspection so our lease will not be renewed. I admit the house is not clean. It hasn't been since I broke my arm. Now I feel like shit and a horrible wife.

I'm not making excuses for myself.

He dosent work double shift. I said he has been doing double DUTY because when he comes he get the kids and does help clean. I dont disagree with the housekeeping comment. My issue with him was making it seem extra wrong because I'm a woman. That felt like a low blow. Sorry for the confusion ladies.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Not Clean as in not picked up or not cleaned as in like nasty?
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Um no it's not "woman's work". What a douche.

Can you afford a house keeper while your unable to keep up due to your injuries?
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM
9 moms liked this

No honey, you've got it wrong.  You should be really good and mad at your POS husband who cannot be bothered to help his pregnant wife who has a broken arm.  It is his fault the lease didn't get renewed.  

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM
7 moms liked this

How dirty is it that it failed inspection?   That is not "I haven't cleaned in awhile."

That is "I haven't cleaned EVER."

That has nothing to do with being a woman, but BOTH of you being pigs.

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Wow it must of been bad to fail an inspection. I understand the broken arm and him doing a double shift but surely he must of had a day off to help w/something. It's not the 1950s anymore. It's not all on you expecially w/a broken arm. Don't feel too bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM
No section 8. I can do something. Not as much as I could before I broke my elbow and arm. I still have two toddlers to take care off. I admit I haven't done my part.

Quoting Anonymous: Uh- how bad is it to fail an inspection? And who has inspections, section 8? WTF? I'm sure you could do something.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I have admitted that I have lazy slob tendencies.
It takes everyone to keep my house running.
Right now my living room is a mess, because we focused on other things this weekend.
By tomorrow, it will be fine, because he will start cleaning and I will finish.
It takes team work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry you are with a lazy pos.. it won't get any better once the baby comes... expect to do it all by yourself.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Clean your nasty house then. Even with one arm, I could pass and inspection like that. If you said it was a base housing inspection, you MAY have had my sympathy.

Quoting Anonymous: Our townhome is a rental and they did an inspection. We failed and they are refusing to renew our lease.

Quoting Danesmommy1: What inspection? And it's so bad you failed? That sounds bad...

And he can get up his lazy ass and help you. If DH said some crap like "you're the woman", he'd get punched in the nuts.
deepfryerdemons
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Yeah, lots of nut punches.

Quoting Danesmommy1: What inspection? And it's so bad you failed? That sounds bad...

And he can get up his lazy ass and help you. If DH said some crap like "you're the woman", he'd get punched in the nuts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)