Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Bible

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
  • 78 Replies

What are some commonly misinterpreted Bible passages?

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I need to know for a paper I'm writing. Goodle hasn't been much help. Someone help me.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM
7 moms liked this

Since it's a book of fiction, it's all misinterpreted as real.

krbaybay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I Corinthians 1:7 "it is not good for a man to touch a woman. The passage is about adultury. In context it says to stay faithful to your spouse. Growing up in christian school they read it and told is to stay apart and not date. We weren't even allowed to hug or hold hands with the opposite sex.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck the passages somebody explain to me why no dinosaurs are mentioned in the god daamn bible? O.o
and i hope the whole eve and Adam being the first human being is all type of fake or else its hypocrisy to it's finest if incest is a sin then they are burning in hell times 7 billions.
saticouponleigh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM
4 moms liked this

with small exception almost none of the bible can be proven at all. not even that who is claimed to have written actually wrote. and our current bible is missing many books that the church removed long ago to better control the population.

krbaybay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
3 moms liked this
Behemoth and Leviathan are both mentioned and assumed to be dinosaurs.

Quoting Lilith23: Fuck the passages somebody explain to me why no dinosaurs are mentioned in the god daamn bible? O.o
and i hope the whole eve and Adam being the first human being is all type of fake or else its hypocrisy to it's finest if incest is a sin then they are burning in hell times 7 billions.
rhope4
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM
IMO, the End Times teachings are misinterpreted (sp?) more than anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM
"assumed" i mean, they we're pretty accurate with the whole virgin Mary, and the flood, heck! The apocalypse had so many details for somebody that dreamt it but the dinosaurs were a vague "oh we assume it was the levi!" O.o
somebody should seriously add up pages in the bible, dinosaurs and all..... And yes I'm really passionate about my T-rex.

Quoting krbaybay: Behemoth and Leviathan are both mentioned and assumed to be dinosaurs.

Quoting Lilith23: Fuck the passages somebody explain to me why no dinosaurs are mentioned in the god daamn bible? O.o
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Every single one of them.

Senoraspider
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Blasphemies!!!!!! :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)