Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously? It's a party.

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM
  • 194 Replies
1 mom liked this

I made a post about my daughter's first birthday party. Basically Ariadne's party is going to go like this. We are having it at my aunts house because she has a big yard. The theme is swan lake because my daughter loves listening to the music from it and loves watching the swans at the park.

11-12- people show up, we'll have music playing outside and some snacks, with lawn games for the kids 

12-1- lunch and cake. We are making sandwiches and my mom is making the cake. My ten year old cousin is doing a kids version of swan lake for her dance class and she asked if she could put on a little show, so she's doing a quick ten minute show during lunch with four of her friends. 

1-2- free time. We'll have the music going on the patio with space for adults to sit and talk and there is space for dancing. We have a box of dress up clothes for the kids, they can play in the yard, we will have games like duck,duck,goose, relay races, etc. My aunt has a pool so people can swim if they want. We have a couple of arts and crafts projects for the kids. One of my cousins is painting faces. Then they will get their goody bags and the party is over.

My aunt has a friend who works for a bird rescue. She has two swans who were raised from chicks and are very well behaved with people, you can go right up and pet them and they don't care. She asked if she could bring them over to show the kids at the party. We are asking for donations to the bird rescue instead of presents, so she thought it would be nice for people to see what its going toward, plus my daughter absolutely loves swans so it would be fun for her. Someone would be with them at all times to make sure no one bothered them.

I asked for opinions on bringing the swans, and people only wanted to comment on how ridiculous the party was for a one year old and how I was just trying to impress the guests and throw the party for myself instead of thinking of my child and what she wants. My dad is one of 12, so I have a lot of aunts, uncles, and cousins. We are a very close family, so yes there will be quite a few people at the party. My daughter knows everyone coming and is used to being around crowds, since we are such a big family. Everyone coming is either a direct relative or a very close family friend, like her godparents. But people couldn't get over that. Honestly, the party is not a big deal, its a large yard so everyone won't be crammed together, we are doing simple activities that my daughter enjoys, its not some big festival. I'm guessing people either misunderstood what this party is or maybe it is crazy to have simple kids games at a kids party, but I just don't get it. Someone actually thought it was weird that I was feeding my guests. Is there something I'm missing.

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saticouponleigh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM
12 moms liked this

omg you felt the need to make a second post about the same damn thing. doesnt change the fact that you are totally overkilling what could be a sweet peaceful day for your child. you chose to describe the party in all its lurid overkill details dont blame us for reacting in shock that you cannot seem to put your 1 year old ahead of your asperations. ugh i am sooooo done with you 

get the damn swans who the fuck cares with the rest of the carnival you are putting her through, you certainly dont give a flying damn

HistoryMamaX3
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:13 AM
4 moms liked this
Basically, the first birthday IS for mom and dad... but who cares! It's your party, have fun with it. :-)
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:13 AM
No. Someone didn't think it was weird that you were feeding your guests. This someone didn't think it was necessary to feed them lunch especially since you are supposedly feeding 50-60.

Obviously you love drama by feeling the need to rehash it all in another post.

Why even ask for opinions if all you want to do is brag and have everyone pet you and ohhh and ahhhhhh over this ridiculous affair you are throwing for a child that will remember none of it?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

So you made a second post about it? Why??

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol. Here we go again. 

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM
3 moms liked this

lol...if you don't want people to comment on anything but the swans, then don't mention anything but the swans. 

If your post simply read: 

"Do you think it would be too much to have a couple swans in the lake at my daughter's first birthday party?"

then I'm sure you'd get responses about the swans. 

But, you feel the need to post twice about the big extravagant party you're throwing that your daughter will probably just fall asleep in the middle of anyway. So, good luck with that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I would probably just go and see if all of your bragging is true. Half of the time, its not.
fitegirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:19 AM
This!!

Quoting HistoryMamaX3: Basically, the first birthday IS for mom and dad... but who cares! It's your party, have fun with it. :-)
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:19 AM

feel like I missed something...

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM
4 moms liked this

Blah blah blah, how do you pronounce your dd's name? That's all I care about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)