Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

shared bedrooms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
Does anyone know what the laws are on opposite genders sharing bedrooms in NY?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM
My kids share bedrooms and during the summer/weekend will sleep anywhere they want. Sometimes their rooms, sometimes the basement or living room. Dd has her own room but doesnt like sleeping alone sometimes. She will switch rooms with oldest brother, or they will all sleep in one room together. They are 11, 7 and 8. As long as there is somewhere to change clothes privately, why do people have issue with it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Mine are 7, 3, and a nb. They all share a room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I'm just trying to figure out the legal aspect. I've heard it was till the youngest turned 5.

my kids have been inseparable since the divorce. i work and their dad has a lot of GFs over on his time. they have become each others only constant. and they won't sleep apart from each other.

however, my Xs new GF can't have kids and now he wants to get full custody. i need to know what the laws are just in case.

Quoting Anonymous: My kids share bedrooms and during the summer/weekend will sleep anywhere they want. Sometimes their rooms, sometimes the basement or living room. Dd has her own room but doesnt like sleeping alone sometimes. She will switch rooms with oldest brother, or they will all sleep in one room together. They are 11, 7 and 8. As long as there is somewhere to change clothes privately, why do people have issue with it?
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Law or no law why would you invade your kid's privacy?

Heisenberg
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:59 PM
There are no laws
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this
What are you talking about crazy person?

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Law or no law why would you invade your kid's privacy?

Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I reread my last question and I didn't mean for it to come out rude.  I mean it in general. But, you should be able to google the law for your state.  Many apts. will say if you have 2-4 people living with you can get a 2 bedroom place. 5-6 people a three bedroom.  I dont think that they include gender.  But we are in OH. I was single living in NY, so I never paid attention to it. It probably depends on if something is written in your custody agreement too.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm just trying to figure out the legal aspect. I've heard it was till the youngest turned 5. my kids have been inseparable since the divorce. i work and their dad has a lot of GFs over on his time. they have become each others only constant. and they won't sleep apart from each other. however, my Xs new GF can't have kids and now he wants to get full custody. i need to know what the laws are just in case.
Quoting Anonymous: My kids share bedrooms and during the summer/weekend will sleep anywhere they want. Sometimes their rooms, sometimes the basement or living room. Dd has her own room but doesnt like sleeping alone sometimes. She will switch rooms with oldest brother, or they will all sleep in one room together. They are 11, 7 and 8. As long as there is somewhere to change clothes privately, why do people have issue with it?

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
There are no laws whatsoever, that is a cafemom myth. The only time laws come into play is in situations with foster kids, government housing, and military housing. We are moving to NY and my five year old son and y three year old daughter will be sharing because they do not want to be split up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM
There are no laws except regarding foster families or wards of the state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Laws? WTH?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)