Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The food some people feed their kids is awful

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 498 Replies
7 moms liked this
I get that life gets busy, and there might not be a lot of time to prepare healthy meals. I can't stand when people feed their kid crap day in and day out, not giving a crap how it's affect ting their health or their bodies on the inside, or how it's setting them up for a lifetime of unhealthy food choices. I just feel badly for the kids being forced to constantly ingest crap food, when they have no control over the choices provided. It's NOT hard to feed your child healthy, well balanced meals.

Share some quick, easy, healthy meal ideas that you use for your family. Let's promote healthy eating.

I'll go first

I made banana pancakes, this morning.

2 bananas, 2 eggs, a couple drops of vanilla extract and some cinnamon. Mush all together, and cook like a pancake. I cook them in a little virgin coconut oil.

For lunch, homemade chicken salad lettuce wraps. I put cranberries, chopped celery and bell peppers, and walnuts in my chicken salad, and use homemade mayo.

For dinner, slow cooked elk stew (carrots, celery, peppers, potatoes, fresh green beans) with a super greens salad and homemade dressing.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM
27 moms liked this
Stop worrying about other's kids. Some people honestly don't know how to cook healthy. They eat what they grew up eating. I understand trying to limit sweets, but come on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Good for you. 

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Homemade chicken nuggets (kid friendly for the picky kids that ONLY eat nuggets)

I cut up my chicken breasts in bite size pieces, dip in egg white, then in italian bread crumbs with a bit of parmesan cheese added.  Bake at 375 until done.  Been doing this for ages!  My girls LOVE it!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
37 moms liked this

Often it has nothing to do with time and everything to do with money. My family eats reasonably healthy, but I know many families that simply can't afford to.  (Hell, a gallon of a milk here costs $5.00!)

I have no idea how much elk meat costs, but I am betting it's more than .99 for 12 hot dogs and a $1.00 for buns. 

And no, no amount of "long-term health benefts" matter much when you're living hand-to-mouth and have $5.00 to feed a family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM
4 moms liked this
So you want a medal or something?
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Lentil soup is one of my favorites

Chicken broth or stock

lentils

cut up tomatoes

spinach

spices and ground mustard. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this
That's why we're sharing healthy meal ideas....obviously many people are either clueless or simply don't care. Of course I worry about what other people's kids are eating, especially when it's a national health crisis. Obesity, diabetes, etc., or even extreme problems related to obesity like my niece who has a shunt in her head because of obesity induced pseudotumor.

Quoting Anonymous: Stop worrying about other's kids. Some people honestly don't know how to cook healthy. They eat what they grew up eating. I understand trying to limit sweets, but come on.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM
5 moms liked this

yea, I wouldn't eat any of that so I wouldn't feed it to my kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I love lentils! I made lentil curry the other night. Yumm!

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Lentil soup is one of my favorites

Chicken broth or stock

lentils

cut up tomatoes

spinach

spices and ground mustard. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM
7 moms liked this
Um ew no one in my family eat what you cook. I made waffles Sunday plain normal waffles with syrup nothing wrong with that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)