Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this wrong of me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Sd 9 lives with us full time. She hardly sees bm. Because her mom is a flake most of the yr. Also her mom isn't much of a mother when sd is there. She lets sd do crazy things doesn't make sd wear her breathing machine at night and doesn't care to call sds therapist. When asked.
So I talked dh into sd attending summer school for help with her autism and possibly get sd into a school disigned for kids with disabilities.
Bm misses a lot of visits with sd out of her own doing but during the summer she acts like she never misses a min of sds life.
So because she was going to be with us this summer I signed her up for this summer swim team and some of the meets fall on days she goes to her bms. I talked to bm and I told her I could sign sd up for the meets or I don't have to. Bm said don't but I'm worried if I don't then if bm flakes out on sd then sd will be disappointed not only because her mom didn't get her but also because she didn't get to a fun thing with her friends.
Dh and my mom both told me not to sign sd up let her feel disappointed and dh said he will have another thing to bitch at bm about.
I feel like it's unfair to sd I mean I can cancel the meet stuff the day of the events (I have to ask her coach about one of the two meets but I think I can cancel both events.) However if I don't sign her up then she looses out on a lot of fun stuff at bms expenses yes but she's 9 and has a disability she doesn't see it like that all she sees it as is she can't swim with her sister or her friends. So what would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Bump
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Can you guys sign her up & not tell her so that she can go if she's there & skip if she isn't?
MeghanH123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Sign her up if you can cancel. If BM shows up or if not win/win.
Good luck.
DameDeLaMer
by (that girl) on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM
This is what I'd do.

Quoting MeghanH123: Sign her up if you can cancel. If BM shows up or if not win/win.
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Bm just text me randomly and said she won't call the therapist because she doesn't get any signal where she lives and she doesn't see an issue with sd nor does she want sd living here any longer.
So great she wants sd to live with her who won't put her breathing machine on her at night, who will let her drive and get a swollen shut black eye with out talking her to get medical attention and she has no signal to call sds therapist or sd whole she's here or anyone for that matter. If this kids in trouble whole there she is SOL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)