Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do you explain homosexual intimacy

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 210 Replies
Aka sex to a 10 year old. Assuming you have already had talks with him about heterosexual sex, condoms, birth control and pregnancy and birth. My son was curious as to why and how gay people have sex. And how they have children.
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazymom2boyz
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, I'm not sure. That's one area I haven't even thought about how to address! Here's a bump, I've got no clue!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Why- they love each other and that's one of the MANY ways they show each other that.

How- ds is only 8 so we've never had a "how to have sex" talk before. Idk if I would really. Like, I don't think i could say, a man sticks his penis in the womans vagina and sometimes she'll put his penis in her mouth, or he'll lick her vagina.

How they have kids- previous relationships, they find a friend who can carry or donate sperm with the doctors help, or they adopt.
Anonymous

Here's a bump for you, because I honestly don't understand the hows and whys of it either.

Anonymous
10 moms liked this

I would not explain that to my 10-year-old. I would not explain any sexual acts to my 10-year-old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

The sex talk should have included the basics of human reproduction.  So you explain that since neither has a female's organs, they adopt.

As far as the where to put what, I'm sure in the basic sex talk oral, foreplay, and other things were covered.  If not, you're risking your child being set up for the "everything but" scenarios, or "just the tip."  All of which still expose one to STDs and other problems.

How do I plan to answer this question if it comes up?  "They have other holes, figure it out."

BIMOM21
by Andi on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Bump
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I would just be honest and answer their questions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
latsyrk
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
How they have kids wasn't too difficult to answer. I've not really explained oral sex in depth but he does know a man inserts his penis into a woman's vagina and that he expels semen which ferrilizes and egg in the woman's uterus......
So he knows that gay people should be doing somethjng similar

Quoting Anonymous: Why- they love each other and that's one of the MANY ways they show each other that.

How- ds is only 8 so we've never had a "how to have sex" talk before. Idk if I would really. Like, I don't think i could say, a man sticks his penis in the womans vagina and sometimes she'll put his penis in her mouth, or he'll lick her vagina.

How they have kids- previous relationships, they find a friend who can carry or donate sperm with the doctors help, or they adopt.
mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

i think it depends on the maturity of your 10 year old. be honest. explain it the same way you'd explain heterosexual intimacy.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
You can tell him that like heterosexual, they do have sex in somewhat the same ways and also find other ways to go about it........ I don't think a 10 year old should know about the specifics of it all. No need for big details just basic facts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)