Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When Did You Take Your Newborn Out?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM
  • 353 Replies

I"m getting ready to have my first baby (4 weeks left), and I wanted the opinion of other Mom's. I've read the books, but I've got 12 weeks of maternity leave and I want to take advantage of it and do as much with her as possible before I go back to work. When did you start taking your newborn out?

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this
At like a week old. I didn't know you weren't supposed to. I think that's a new thing. There are so many things we did that you aren't supposed to do now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
First kid, I holed up in my house for 2 weeks. 3rd kid! We went to a bbq the day we left the hospital (granted it was just family and maybe 15 or so people, but still.)
PeachQuean
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
The day we were released and born. I had two hospital births and one home birth.

I don't see a reason to not take them out!
skittlefart
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM

For my first baby it was agter 4 weeks. For my second, it was day 1, lol. 

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Less than a week. I never worried about taking them out in public.

Heck, when my ODS was 5 days old we were in Philadelphia because my DH was having a kidney transplant. I stayed overnight in a hotel with him!
MrsViau
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM
A week with both my kids. They were both in the hospital a week after they were born. So after we left the hospital we went out and about.
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I had csection so it was about week
JessiFaye
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM

It was really, really cold out when I had my son (during the lovely Polar Vortex we had this winter), so I was happy to stay indoors with him after he was born. We left a few times the first couple months for doctor appointments and things, but there really wasn't much else to do. It felt pointless to take him to do much, since he couldn't have cared less. lol 

His first big outing was to the zoo. I think he was about 12 weeks old? He still didn't care, but we had fun. 

Sara-1989
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
The day after we left the hospital with my second and the day we left the hospital with my first. I couldn't imagine sitting at home for weeks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM
My dd was born just before Christmas so we were careful about taking her outside for a while since it was cold but we would take her to the store, a restaurant, my moms, his moms, church, etc from the start. My niece was born in august and she was taken outside from the start as well. Her mom took her to a local festival the weekend after she was born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN