Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

shallow and stupid but Im still bummed about this

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM
  • 288 Replies
I admit it. I take a lot of my identity from my appearance and appearing somewhat unconventional. Yes its shallow but its true.

I have a Monroe piercing and I love it. But the ball fell off the other day and I lost it and I dont have another piece of jewelry to put in it. I ended up taking it out with the intention of buying another one asap. Unfortunately, I dont have the money to spend on that sort of thing this month so it will probably close up. My fiance prefers I leave it out for now since I am looking for a second job and I see his point but I miss it.

Now, Im going to have to dye my hair plain old dark brown because I cant afford to maintain my professional dramatic highlights right now and I refuse to even attempt bleach on my own. My highlights are super grown out right now and the greys are showing big time. It looks baaaad. I wanted to do something funky like purple or Bright red or even blue but again, Im looking for a second job and my fiance is really against me doing anything unconventional at least til I find one. I see his point. We are struggling financially really bad right now so it is very important I do whatever it takes to make finding another job easier.

I know its dumb but I feel like I am letting part of my identity go in going more conventional with my appearance and Im being a baby about it tonight. I literally almost cried buying the brown hair dye. Yes. I am somewhat shallow and silly.
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Sucks to be you
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Not silly at all.

You like what you like. You can look on Amazon for a cheap stud or whatever you put in Monroe's.
What job are you trying to get?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this
It isn't shallow or stupid. Everyone has an identity. Even if others don't understand. It is hard to change who you are... especially when it isn't your choice and you feel pressured.
That said, I do agree with you SO that conservative is best when job hunting
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
I just ordered one today, I saw several for 99cents.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Yes I realize it isnt a true "problem" but its still something I feel the need to whine a little bit about so I did. Whatever.

Quoting Anonymous: Sucks to be you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM
6 moms liked this

Yes being a grownup sucks but the rest of us deal with it,  you can too!

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Whatever I can find at this point. I need a second job too much to be picky, unfortunately.

Quoting mlg1989: Not silly at all.

You like what you like. You can look on Amazon for a cheap stud or whatever you put in Monroe's.
What job are you trying to get?
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I think you should have gone for a compromise hair color. Some burgundies look fairly conventional, but aren't as boring as plain brown. I understand how you feel.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I dont have a credit card :( I may ask my fiance to order me a cheap one tomorrow when hes off work. I just hope it stays open til I can get it.

Quoting Anonymous: I just ordered one today, I saw several for 99cents.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

what is a monroe piercing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN