Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think co-sleeping is dangerous?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 656 Replies
I co-sleep with my 4 week old because he refuses to be alone at night time. It's when he wants to be held or close to me for whatever reason. I don't tell many people in real life about it because I know they wouldn't approve. Plus he just started turning over onto this belly which scares me to death.

Well my mom said "It's safer than people who bring them into their beds."

Do you think co-sleeping is dangerous? Also, do you think that I should be worried about him turning on to his tummy? I'm scared of SIDS so it freaks me out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM
37 moms liked this
I didn't co-sleep because my husband is a very heavy sleeper and I knew he wouldn't wake up or feel the babies.

If done right co-sleeping is not dangerous.

And don't worry what others say. Believe me someone will find something wrong with everything you do as a parent. Don't let it get to you.
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, I do. My daughter had a bassinet right by our bed, but she rarely actually slept in bed with us.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh and as for the tummy thing if he can turn himself back around. There's no use in you not getting any sleep because you keep turning him back.
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:47 PM
7 moms liked this
At first I tried to have him sleep in his crib and he wouldn't. So then I began sleeping in he recliner with him. I had pillows all the way around us. He never moved. Then when he got bigger we moved to the bed and he is two now and he still sleeps with me. He kicks me and shoves toes in my ribs now. Sometimes he pushes me off the bed lol
mysticatgal
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the people and how they sleep. My dh wouldn't sleep because he's such a heavy sleeper it'd be dangerous. I did a couple naps cosleeping but I think I was programmed to not move if i shouldn't but I don't get as deep of a sleep.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:48 PM
7 moms liked this
If done properly it's not dangerous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I watched him try and he didn't get back over.

Quoting myperfect4inok: Oh and as for the tummy thing if he can turn himself back around. There's no use in you not getting any sleep because you keep turning him back.
Josie_P
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I think in a lot of situations, it can be dangerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Like?

Quoting Josie_P: I think in a lot of situations, it can be dangerous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM
7 moms liked this
I Co slept with all 3 of mine. (Doing it with my 5 week old) and they are alive. I'm a very light sleeper though even when I am super tired. Would I trust SO alone to be a Co sleeper, nope.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)