Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He broke my heart! :( **UPDATE! **

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 254 Replies
126 moms liked this
I have an almost 5 year old SS from a previous marriage.When SS was 2 weeks old his BM dropped him off at our house and shortly after she signed over her rights.Almost 2 years ago his father was sentenced 15 years in prison.After many months of court dates and cps visits I finally got temporary custody of SS( I'm the only "family" other than elderly grandparents).Now his father is willing to sign over his rights,Tomorrow we go to court to see if I will be granted full custody.

Today CPS did one last visit before court and interviewed my SS.

They asked him if he was enjoying school (daycare),If he was making new friends...etc

Then they asked "What is your favorite part of being here with *****?"

He said it was because i love him and i tell him a lot!

I love this boy so freakin' much!
I cant wait till all these people are out of his life and everything can calm down and be somewhat normal around here.This poor child has had to deal with CPS since he was 2 weeks old!

Anyway,ill shut up now.Im too nervous to sleep,court is in 5 hours!!

Update- After 2 long years CPS has closed the case! I was granted full custody today!!!!

Thank you all so much!!! Im still trying to read through all the replies.If ive missed any questions please bump them and i will answer them!

I saw someone mention that i shouldnt call him SS because hes my son.I only called him SS in this post so it wouldnt get confusing.In real life i proudly introduce him as my son. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoAh-Kiriz-MoM
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:13 AM

I pray you win custody....he needs you

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:15 AM
That's so sad! Why is his dad now wanting to sign over custody
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:17 AM
6 moms liked this
Sounds like you are the only stabilizing force in his life, poor thing. I sure hope you are granted custody and that you and he can put all this heartbreak behind you. You are an amazing woman to take him as your own. I hope you both live happily ever after. :-)
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:17 AM
😊 👍
TheFairest
by Zombie on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:18 AM
Crossing my fingers, sending good vibes your way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Thank you!

Quoting NoAh-Kiriz-MoM:

I pray you win custody....he needs you

AuntieM
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:30 AM
He didn't break your heart Mama, he filled it to overflowing. Are you planning to eventually adopt him since both parents walked away?
OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Awww. Poor little guy. I'm glad that he has someone that cares about him and loves him. I hope that you get custody of him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM
I guess he thinks its better to sign his rights over instead of having a judge take his rights from him.

Quoting MagicMonkey: That's so sad! Why is his dad now wanting to sign over custody
J.M.O.
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Wait, why was he only two weeks old when his mom dropped him off? Oh & congrats mama!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN