Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hahaha crazy neighbor!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
Ok so we have this neighbor who is constantly calling the cops on us with noise issues, we live on 6.5 acres, so they aren't close. At first it was the radio, for almost a week straight if my dh was working in the yard he had his radio turned up in the barn, and without fail by 6:30 a sheriff would be pulling up in our yard. So to be nice my husband turned down the radio, sitting in my ds's room I couldn't hear it, and his room is right near our barn, well the cops still got called out. We looked into the noise ordinance laws and they can't make us turn it down untill 9 on weekdays and 11 in weekends. We don't want issues with our neighbors, but it was getting ridiculous. The sheriff told them they can't do anything about it until the stated times, and we never make noise that late at night as our ds is 14 months and in bed by those times.

Fast forward to recently, they have called again for our dogs barking, during the middle of the day, when they are outside playing. They have also called animal control, but our animals aren't being mistreated. Lol. It's the same handful of officers that respond to the calls and I know they are getting irritated.

Now, just a few nights ago we had a horrible storm roll through. We lost powers, turns out the transformer on the pole running directly to our house took a direct lightening hit and we were the only ones that lost power. The guys from the power company come at 4 in the morning after the storm is over to fix it. They end up making a lot of noise, they replace, I'm guessing a fuse, and when the fuse blew as soon as they put it in it made a sound like a gun being fired. So they get to work chain sawing to they have clear access to the transformer. And what do you know, the cops show up at my house. They end up talking to my neighbor, my neighbor tells them that WE are constantly creating problems and they need to MAKE US MOVE. Lmao.

I don't know what we have ever one to these people. I really don't, I've never really talked to them except to go over and introduce myself when we first moved in. And I'm now at a loss as to how to handle them. I'll probably just continue to not go out of my way to have any interaction with them. It's just crazy.

Sorry it's longs, I needed to vent. Anyone else deal with crazies living next to them??
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:17 AM
That is sofrustrating! Well with us The insane guy behind us called the cops and animal control for my dogs barking and "harassing him"-he stands right near our fence banging stuff around slamming doors of his own house of.course any dog would bark! We get her but she plays out there ya know. He told animal control to tell us he wants a shock.collar on her.
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Yeah we have one if those too. We live in the city and she would call for the smallest code violation and then call repeatedly if it wasn't fixed to her satisfaction. She called once a day for a week because our truck registration was expired. The cops came out the first day and told us we have. 7 days to fix the problem. The very next day she called about the truck again and an officer came out and talked to us about it again. She did this everyday it was so annoying. When we finally had the time and money to fix the truck problem she moved on to something else.

We finally started reading the code and doing everything possible to annoy her that was within code and she eventually stopped and moved on to our neighbors.
thanush
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I would hate barking dogs if it happened constantly. We live surrounded by neighbors with doggies and almost never hear anyone bark. Our home is on a .3 acre lot

And radio noise travel far outdoors than indoors. Your DH can get an iPod or an MP3 player with earphones. Not everyone wants to hear your music
lkane81
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Next time the first police come out for some stupid thing maybe ask what you can do to stop them from harassing you with those police calls. I can't see why if your in 6.5acres why they would bother you so much. Maybe they wanted the property but you guys bought it first so they figure if they can get you to move maybe they could buy it. Idk some people are just pains. I've dealt with neighbors like that. Unfortunately the police have to come over as it was reported in but it's disrupting your life and it starts to feel like harassment. Fir us it caused so much anxiety for my dh he just couldn't take it anymore and we moved.
wiener
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:22 AM
4 moms liked this
Next time they call on you have the cops tell these neighbors that your considering pressing harresment charges as thats exactly what their doing to you.
liquidtinkerbel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:24 AM

No crazy  neighbors here...yet. But all of our neighbors have grew up in this town or have family that works the farms. No one ever bothers us and we never hear our neighbors.

chopped headTeam Zombie! (former sn elrikandisis)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Omg, sometimes stupid people provide good entertainment.

Quoting Anonymous: That is sofrustrating! Well with us The insane guy behind us called the cops and animal control for my dogs barking and "harassing him"-he stands right near our fence banging stuff around slamming doors of his own house of.course any dog would bark! We get her but she plays out there ya know. He told animal control to tell us he wants a shock.collar on her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Talk to the officers about harassment charges.
69liliem10
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM

How annoying.

Our neighbors now are awesome. 

When we rented a duplex a few years back they were horrible. They had access to the crawlspace and they would leave their dog down there because they had no grass in their backyard only dirt. Every so often we get this horrible smell of poo and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from until we called the landlord and he found the dog had been pooping down there (or they had been putting the poop down there). He evicted them right away.

The other neighbors in the duplex next to us - I swear they were drug dealers. It was 3 am one morning and this guy bangs on our door looking for JohnMan (that was our neighbor's name). I tell him "he's next door." The guys was all drugged up, jittery, with pocks on his face and everything. He tried coming in, but DH came out with his 9mm and was like "You get to leave now."

We moved out a month later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Ok, let me clarify, we live on 6.5 acres, they live on 5 acres, there is no way that with our radio turned down it was bothering them.

And as for my dogs, they are inside dogs and they aren't consistently outside barking. They have dogs as well, bigger and louder dogs than I do, so I seriously doubt that my dogs are actually bothering them.

Quoting thanush: I would hate barking dogs if it happened constantly. We live surrounded by neighbors with doggies and almost never hear anyone bark. Our home is on a .3 acre lot

And radio noise travel far outdoors than indoors. Your DH can get an iPod or an MP3 player with earphones. Not everyone wants to hear your music
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)