Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you saw THIS, what would YOU do??

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 190 Replies
Yesterday afternoon, dh and I were sitting on the couch and we watched the two year old next door run past our house and disappear...we have a fence right by our door so we can't see anything byond that point. Anyway, dh doesn't care lol, I keep watching to see if he is going to run back. 20 minutes go by and still nothing. 5 minutes later, my cray cray neighbor FINALLY walks past carrying a plastic serving spoon, like those heavy duty ones. Now, at this point im outside, anyways, she comes back dangling this kid by his arm and hitting him ALL over with this spoon. Then she has the nerve....the freaking balls....to look at me and say, thanks for watching him all sarcastic like. I lost my shit. I am pretty sure I invented some new words, idk it's all a blur of anger and cussing lol. Anyways, DH said to call CPS and the sheriff's office. I did. Do you think I did the right thing?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lind.shep
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
So you watched a kid get beat with a spoon, and you have to ask if you should call?
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Bump!
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM
To each their own, I tend to mind my own business. Living where I do, where you are on top of each other, minding your own is for the best

Quoting lind.shep: So you watched a kid get beat with a spoon, and you have to ask if you should call?
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I would have called the cops. Maybe its not cop worthy in some peoples opinion but the visit would have at least of given the mother time to calm down and stop hitting the child.

Jabojoe
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
You did the right thing.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Your neighbor is a hot freaking mess. You've seen so much of her bullshit lately too. I'm glad you called, she's ridiculous.
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I would have called right when the kid walked past without a parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Whenever I've seen a random little kid like this just roaming around on his/her own, I have said, "Hey there, little guy...where ya going?" I've gotten a few dirty looks over the years from the parent's who were apparently within a 50-foot radius with their backs turned to their child (but I digress...) and even a, "I could see him/her the entire time" a few times.

But...I still do it.

I wouldn't have responded to her ranting. You knew it wasn't your fault that her child ran off from her.

I would consider contacting CPS for the spoon hitting. It's one thing to spank a child on their bottom with the palm of your hand but it's an entirely different thing to use something like a spoon and in this case, on a child so young who shouldn't have been gone from his Mom for over 20 minutes in the first place.

mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Her craziness is well. .fucking crazy lol. Usually we mind our own business here, but damn.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Your neighbor is a hot freaking mess. You've seen so much of her bullshit lately too. I'm glad you called, she's ridiculous.
Teeter-Tottered
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM
I probably would've chased after the baby, but otherwise done the same.

Her expecting you to watch her little one ( I understand accidents... My neighbors caught my little runner one day!) pisses me off.

I'm not even touching the spoon thing. >:(

Heck yeah, I'd call on her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)