Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dr won't see my son anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 436 Replies
1 mom liked this

I took my LO to the dr today for his 1 yr checkup.  His father and I had already decided that we were going to wait until he is older to get his shots and then break them up for fear he may have a reaction to one and to cut down on the chances of autism.  I have done an extensive amount of reading on this and knew in my heart this is what would be best for our son.  I honestly don't feel that he will develop autism...but I'm not willing to take the chance either.

So when I went to the dr this am....I didn't fill out the form to ok giving the shots...when we got back to the room the nurse said "you do realize he is getting shots today, do you have his shot card"..i said "we don't want him to have shots today...and when we do decide to give them we want them seperated and given a few months apart" I thought the nurse was going to fall over..she said "oh we don't do anything like that here...he has to have his shots.. we have them on a plan and we don't deviate from the plan."  I said.."well he isn't getting shots today." She quickly ran out of the room to talk to the dr...I guess she got the ok so she did his weight and height...then we sat for 45 min waiting for the dr...only to be told that if we don't do his shots today she can't see him anymore and she couldn't even touch him. 

What I don't understand is they do the check-up before he gets the shots anyway...why couldn't she have at least done the check up.... Last time I checked I was his mother and I will do what I feel is best for my son....I don't need a doctor and their staff trying to strong arm me into doing something I don't feel is safe....the dr tried to get smart with me by saying "if you don't get his shots today and something happens to him..like if he gets measels, mumps, or ruebells..then you will feel guilty won't you..."  hell yeah I would feel guilty, but the odds of that are slim....then I said... "if I do give him the shots and something happens....I will feel guilty..." she didn't have a comeback for that one...

Now I have to search for a ped that will see my son and not try and force me to get his shots.

Sorry this is so long...but I needed to vent!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllieKat
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Tldr
smalltownteddy
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
167 moms liked this
I couldn't get past the part where you're smarter than a doctor cause the Internet.
Bella_x3
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I have an unvaxed child but it's not by general choice, its a recommendation from her doctors. I wouldn't know what to do in your situation. I'm always scared she will get sick.
TheyAreMyLoves
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
15 moms liked this
He's a year old and hasn't had any shots yet? That's already pretty delayed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
100 moms liked this
Shots DO NOT cause autism.
katydid150
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
26 moms liked this

Sigh. 

We need to bury the dead horse farther down, it keeps rising like a zombie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM
17 moms liked this

Our ped will not accept patients who refuse to vax.  Its his choice.  Just as its your choice.

nazgor
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
lol

Quoting smalltownteddy: I couldn't get past the part where you're smarter than a doctor cause the Internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joie35
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM
3 moms liked this
I dont vaccinate my kids. I had to some serious ped shopping to find one willing to see them and now that Ive moved to a different state I get to do it all over again :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM
36 moms liked this
That's his right as a provider. As far as he is concerned you are risking his business and other patient's well being.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)