Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He thinks I'm being over dramatic....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

My husband's parents came up for a few days. I had no idea WHEN they were arriving at the house & I had a beer with my dinner. I only drank 1/4 of the bottle. I can drink 1 beer for hours. Anyway he was trying to get me to dump it.. ummm why? His parents are very much against drinking (mil had a alocholic ex & I'm not sure what is FIL story). I told him (polietly) they already know WE drink. He thinks his parents doesnt know he drinks... he also thinks that his parents didnt know he slept in MY bed while he came up for visits... lol really? whatever. I didnt want to dump the beer. I was trying to be reasonable. I was going to TRY to finish it before they came but I cannot chug beer it makes me throw up. So I went upstairs on the balcony to finish it. He was bitching because I was upstairs.... WTF am I suppose to do? I cant drink in front of them, I cant do anything in front of them. I am suppose to shut up & let them do things that make me very uncomfortable in my own home. I told him that if he was embarrassed by me than to say it. I have to watch my mouth around them. I cannot say damn, crap, frig. I cannot sit on my husband's lap or hold his KNEE. I get funny looks whenever I disapline our 2 year old or God forbid ask my husband for help cleaning!

So anyway he thinks I'm being over dramatic when I told him if I respect them in their own home why cant they respect me in mine? Why did I have to dump my beer just because they were coming over? It feels like every time his parents or anyone in his family comes around I have to be a totally different person.

when they were in the house I kept the beer on the back counter (out of sight out of their mind). I didnt drink in front of them or carry the beer around the house. I kept in the kitchen cleaning & picking up while they were in the living room. I came out to talk to them every once in a while. And didnt drink anymore while they were here. The last drink I had was when my 2 year old was 6 months old. It's not like I drink every night.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I think he's being overdramatic.

J.M.O.
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him to man up. Why is he so afraid to be himself in front of his family? Why should you have to appease them? You're nicer then I am. I would've drank it in front of them lol.

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM

So you immediately jump on CM to post all about what happened, to prove you aren't? 

lol

kerriebear88
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
He sounds controlling
kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Quoting frankiesma530:

I think he's being overdramatic.

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I think you are both being dramatic. I dont see why it would have been a big deal to drink a beer, but if it is, I dont see why you just had to finish it.

nopenope666
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I think your husband is a grown ass man and should worry less about what mommy and daddy think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM

This was Friday lol I cant stop playing it in my head and my husband has slept on the sofa because I wouldnt dump it

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

So you immediately jump on CM to post all about what happened, to prove you aren't? 

lol

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I would have sent the man and his parents to a fucking hotel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I kept it on the counter only sipped it once while they were here but the rest of the time I didnt touch it till they left.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I think you are both being dramatic. I dont see why it would have been a big deal to drink a beer, but if it is, I dont see why you just had to finish it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)