Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teenager Hypocrites!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I find it odd that if a teenager wants to run away and never come home, no one forces them or really cares what they do, where they go, so forth. If a teen decides to run away get pregnant, move in with the adult boyfriend, no one stops them (legally wise).

But if a teenager is being a complete ASSHOLE, abusing others in the house, simply will not FOLLOW rules the parents cannot toss their ass out.

Our laws are fucking hypocrites.

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM

BUMP TO BITCH

kmeow
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I agree. Parents totally get the shaft when it comes to shitty teenage behavior a lot of the time.

zeezoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Yes, yes they are. I'm hoping my kids won't become teenagers. They'll just go from little children to perfectly, respectable adults.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM

they do! we cannot seem to get rid of my neice! 

Quoting kmeow:

I agree. Parents totally get the shaft when it comes to shitty teenage behavior a lot of the time.

Crashly
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I will never have to worry about this. My dd is perfect :)

Ugh teenagers... I really just wish my dd could stay little forever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM

homes.. in patient care...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Actually the law can force them to come home if the parents pursue it. I was threatened with juvenile until I was 19 if I ran away again and that was the judge. I also had community sevices as well.
o.O....
by Cara on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I just wish parents would parent their fucking children. I'm a 911 dispatcher and you have no idea how many calls I get where the parent wants the deputy to come and set their asshole kid straight.
No- that's your fucking job. It's your fault they're an asshole to begin with- send them to military school and stop using the police to scare them into submission. It doesn't work.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM

military school cost money, not everyone has money to spend on their teenagers when their teenagers decide to act like assholes

Quoting o.O....: I just wish parents would parent their fucking children. I'm a 911 dispatcher and you have no idea how many calls I get where the parent wants the deputy to come and set their asshole kid straight. No- that's your fucking job. It's your fault they're an asshole to begin with- send them to military school and stop using the police to scare them into submission. It doesn't work.

momasaurus420
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Make then get emancipated...if that fails, Institutionalize the little brats...as in there are psychiatric hospitals that can monitor, talk to and counsel (even medicate) your children.

...My grandmother did this to me. Can't say I hate her. Lol I was a terror.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)