Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how long would you wait

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
How long do you wait at the doctors for the doctor?

Im at a new doctor. Im use to being seen within 15 minutes of coming in the door. New one is you need to be there 15minutes before. You still wait 30 to get a room then another hour for the doctor. Is this normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimmy_center
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM

thats pretty much how mine is

check in 15 minutes before set appointment

wait for a room to open up

wait anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour for the doctor to actually come and see you

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Less than a half hour. And in reality, all of my docs, including the dentist and pediatrician, have me in their office within 10. That's one of the reasons I am their patient and not someone else's.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I wouldn't wait that long. I don't have a very busy life or anything, but I HATE being made to wait, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM

My doctor..could be an hour.  BUT its because he spends more than 15 minutes per person.  I have been going to him since I was a teenager and that's one thing I love about him.  He actually sits and talks to you. 

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Id wait for as long as I needed to.

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM
My old pedi office was getting progressive longer to wait. I waited for over an hour to go back for a well-child visit once. The whole appointment took almost 2 1/2 hours. I was PISSED.

I found a new doctor for my kids that week.

Now I'm seen within 5 minutes of my appointment time. SO much happier. And the staff is nicer too.
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I've rarely waited more than half an hour or so for any doctor outside of ER visits.

My OB was fantastic - only once I waited more than maybe ten minutes, and he came in about 40 minutes late having just delivered a baby. We are seen at a military hospital now and they are nothing if not punctual.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Im asking because I keep being told this is normal. It really annoys me as they stick you in the room say he will be in shortly and nothing.
JessiFaye
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM

That isn't normal in my experience. I think the longest I've ever waited for any doctor was my son's pediatrician, and even that was only about 30 minutes and because she was running behind. Otherwise, any doctor I see is usually about a 10-15 minute wait, tops.

teapartydiva524
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:04 PM

My doctor operates like that unfortunately unless you get in really early.  He is extremely patient and will answer any and all questions from any patient without making them feel rushed so I tend to plan my day accordingly if I have to go.  If I had something wrong and had questions I would want him to take his time with me and make sure I understood everything.  He was a great source of knowledge and comfort to my grandma when she was alive as well.  She had lived with a heart condition for years and was always too afraid to ask a lot of questions until we met him.  He's a very kind human being and very easy to talk to.  So I guess it's just a matter of what's important to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)